Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM merger not going too well!

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Latampass Black
LATAM merger not going too well!

I book scores of flights a year for my clients & staff & obviously try & keep them informed about the FF program that will work best for them.

For over a month now I have been trying to register a new Lanpass/Latam Pass account for one of my clients. He is currently Qatar Platinum(Oneworld Emerald) & is unhappy with their service. His most regular flights are PER-GRU so whilst Qatar does it in with one stop(DOH), the total trip time with Qantas/Lan is the same(or shorter), as it includes less time in the air & more time on the ground.

I first tried this before Lan/Tam tried to update their websites & kept getting a message like "This can't be processed now, call our call center". I didn't want the hassle & figured they'd fix it soon, so waited a few days & tried again - same message.

I tried again this week & am now simply having the site timeout once I click "create account" so I bit the bullet & called the call center, only to be told that due to the website "upgrade"(they're kidding, right?) they couldn't register any new LatamPass members until the 7th May.

How am I supposed to convince a client that the service they will receive on Latam is better than what they're getting on Qatar when Latam can't even manage to upgrade a website(or 10!) without compromising the ability of their systems to function? A kid that runs a website in his mom's basement knows to test a site offline before trying to replace it on a live system!

Latam have messed up LatamPass on all of their sites as well as a lot of the functions on the Tam website (try finding a booking using PNR & Surname!) & are turning away high revenue flyers because they can't manage a website transition - absurd!

This comes down to my biggest issue with Lan - the inflight service is usually fantastic but is consistently let down when you have to deal with someone on the ground.
Old May 5, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: plat, aa. spg.
bulls eye!

You hit the caveman on the head, Fairdimkumate.

Its a love hat relationship. Love them in the air, love how they recognize elite status, HATE the disorganization and lack of authority on the ground. I'm ...-suming it starts with the training and supervision, but who knows.

Its less complicated in the air. So my great hope is that...if they have it together there, they will, someday, get it together on the ground. Country by Country.
Old May 5, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Trying out the new page, I can't log in to my account. My old password did not work, so had to try a password reset to log back in.

That did seem to work -- it seemed to recognize me, showing my name and km balance at the top of the page. However, any attempts to look at Estado de Cuenta, or Perfil, were fruitless. One gives me an error page ("Estamos trabajando para mejorar tu experiencia"), the other gives me a page to sign up for LATAMPASS.

Glad I don't have any immediate travel plans with the new LATAM.
Old May 5, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: LATAM Black
I have a lot of upcoming travle with LATAM and am very frustrated that neither the website nor the mobile apps are functioning very well. I just get a merry go round of web pages - English and Spanish. If LATAM spend some money on good web designers rather than repaint the aircraft I suspect many of us paying passengers would be happier.
Old May 5, 2016, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Comunicados de prensa
Información sobre inestabilidad en algunos de nuestros servicios
Información sobre inestabilidad en algunos de nuestros servicios

Durante el día de hoy, 5 de mayo, algunos de nuestros servicios están presentando algunas intermitencias. Nuestro equipo técnico está haciendo todo lo necesario para solucionar los inconvenientes en el menor tiempo posible.

Lamentamos las molestias ocasionadas y agradecemos a nuestros pasajeros por su comprensión.
Old May 5, 2016, 8:39 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
OP you seem to be blaming the inability to open a new account on the website upgrade. There was a whole thread on this forum before about people not being able to open accounts on the old website either.

You say "How am I supposed to convince a client that the service they will receive on Latam is better than what they're getting on Qatar" but why would you put your own reputation on the line for an airline that doesn't really care about its passengers?

Incidentally, I understand that QR is also good (actually brilliant) in the air but also sucks if anything goes wrong. Your client should feel well at home on LATAM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.