Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Santiago LAN Lounge Access - Easter Island Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Santiago LAN Lounge Access - Easter Island Flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Talking Santiago LAN Lounge Access - Easter Island Flight

Hello,

On Friday evening I am flying from Toronto to Santiago in Business Class.

I have a six-hour layover in Santiago before proceeding on a flight to Easter Island.

My flight to Easter Island is in Premium Business Class and it flies out of the Domestic Terminal.

Any I able to access any of the airport lounges during my six-hour layovers?

I'm a long-time lurker and first time poster and would appreciate any guidance!
This is also my first time flying in a class higher than economy!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Scifi_Sara
Hello,

On Friday evening I am flying from Toronto to Santiago in Business Class.

I have a six-hour layover in Santiago before proceeding on a flight to Easter Island.

My flight to Easter Island is in Premium Business Class and it flies out of the Domestic Terminal.

Any I able to access any of the airport lounges during my six-hour layovers?

I'm a long-time lurker and first time poster and would appreciate any guidance!
This is also my first time flying in a class higher than economy!
No you can't. LAN does not have domestic lounge. Since Easter Island is considered a domestic flight, there is no LAN lounge for you. However, some people reported there is a lounge service that you can buy if you have Priority Pass but the reviews for that one is lousy at best.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
There is a Pacific Club on the National flights side. Priority Pass (or a few Chile credit cards) or pay per use.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
As they toll you before the Lounge in National Flys is private. You can use the priority pass or paying about 16.000 CLP (about 22 dolars at todays exchange rate).

This lounge is no way near the Internatonal Lounge at SCL, it feel more like a coffee shop. But the wifi is OK and you will find some food and drinks.

There is also a nice Starbucks near the main gate levels, down the stairs after you pass by security. It is also a good option to stay there, i cant renember if they have free wifi but seat and food will be best than in the lounge.... also cheaper if you dont eat a lot.

I have a fly on friday at 7.10 am National SCL time. I will post a video on the Lounge so you and anyone else can check.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by PABLOCO
As they toll you before the Lounge in National Flys is private. You can use the priority pass or paying about 16.000 CLP (about 22 dolars at todays exchange rate).

This lounge is no way near the Internatonal Lounge at SCL, it feel more like a coffee shop. But the wifi is OK and you will find some food and drinks.

There is also a nice Starbucks near the main gate levels, down the stairs after you pass by security. It is also a good option to stay there, i cant renember if they have free wifi but seat and food will be best than in the lounge.... also cheaper if you dont eat a lot.

I have a fly on friday at 7.10 am National SCL time. I will post a video on the Lounge so you and anyone else can check.
The Starbucks does have Wi-Fi. It requires a password, but it's the same one they use at all Starbucks in Santiago. Quite frankly, I'm happy just paying for a coffee and muffin at Starbucks, and then grabbing a table by the windows to sit and watch the planes while using their Wi-Fi.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate it!
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: UA*S, CX*S, CI*G
Is this still true that no lounge access for OW cardholder?

The website promoting flights to IPC says:"LATAM flights to Easter Island offer inflight entertainment, complimentary food and drink, and access to airport VIP lounges to make your next flight to Easter Island more enjoyable."
from
http://www.lan.com/en_us/sitio_perso...easter-island/

Also on the booking site, it says," Preséntate en el aeropuerto al menos 2 horas antes de la salida de tu vuelo a Isla de Pascua, porque ese viaje es considerado internacional."

Can anyone please tell me whether the flight is departing as an international flight with lounge access possibility or simply just a domestic flight with the somewhat crappy Pacific Club lounge?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by fleuve
Can anyone please tell me whether the flight is departing as an international flight with lounge access possibility or simply just a domestic flight with the somewhat crappy Pacific Club lounge?
Flight to IPC is 100% domestic and it departures from domestic terminal only. Therefore there is no access to LATAM lounge. As as result you are stuck with crappy Pacific Club lounge indeed.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Carolinas
Flight to IPC is 100% domestic and it departures from domestic terminal only. Therefore there is no access to LATAM lounge. As as result you are stuck with crappy Pacific Club lounge indeed.
Not only is it considered crappy but you have to pay to enter (unless you have one of the c/cs.)
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by IanWorthington
Not only is it considered crappy but you have to pay to enter (unless you have one of the c/cs.)
very true indeed
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:14 am

Programs: UA*S, CX*S, CI*G
Thank you for all your kind advice!
And also, I heard that for Chilean domestic flights, OW Sapphire card holders do not really enjoy many privileges, such as priority check-in. Is that true as well?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:04 am

And also, I heard that for Chilean domestic flights, OW Sapphire card holders do not really enjoy many privileges, such as priority check-in. Is that true as well?
OW Sapphire don't have access to priority check-in indeed, however they are entitled to preferential boarding (which is quite useful). Just watch the line for PREFERENTE passengers.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:54 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Just for Emerald (well i guess since there are lines for Comodoro) on all domestic airports
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
And yet, ironically, on my reservation, it says:

Preséntate en el aeropuerto al menos 2 horas antes de la salida de tu vuelo a Isla de Pascua, porque ese viaje es considerado internacional

So, we get the negatives of international, but none of the positives
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
OW Sapphire don't have access to priority check-in indeed, however they are entitled to preferential boarding (which is quite useful). Just watch the line for PREFERENTE passengers.
Different countries, but FWIW I got priority check-in as a Sapphire at AEP when flying to IGR last fall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.