Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

When does LAN release Award Availability to partners?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When does LAN release Award Availability to partners?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by redtop
OK, so the first class award availability showing up on BA's website is bogus. But is the business class award availability showing on BA's site still reliable?
I think someone suggested if you are looking on BA and you click on the award class and it prices out without an error it should most likely be available.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by redtop
OK, so the first class award availability showing up on BA's website is bogus. But is the business class award availability showing on BA's site still reliable?
LAN doesn't have F at all (at least on 767/787) so all F class availability shown on BAEC are obvious phantom or system bug.

For U/J, the results are quite reliable. I booked, thru Cathay Asiamiles, 10+ segments (for a group of five) according to the availability shown.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My experience is with booking flights on the day they are loaded and available to BA (or AS). I want to say it is precisely 330 days ahead. I booked award seats using BA Avios for travel in late 2016/early 2017. On Thurs, Feb 12, LAN opened up award seats for both BA and AS for Jan 9. I could see availability move day by day as the calendar moved. LAN consistently released 7 coach seats and 4 biz seats. Business class seats generally were only available for 24 hours, 36 at most. It appeared as though LAN then yanked them whether or not they were booked. I hope for your sake that LAN releases seats for several months out as I did not see that.
Same experience here. I booked EZEJFK (thru-number via SCL) on BA for the wrong dates in order to beat the Avios devaluation. Then I watched every day. New inventory would appear (7Y/4J) then would be gone 24 hrs later, I monitored every day for 14 leading up to my desired departure. Clockwork. Once my day was available I simply changed the existing award on the BA site, but with a $50 pp charge (I think). Still, $200 (or so) to beat the devaluation was well worth it, and the thru-number means BA treated it as a single flight despite being two segments (which would ordinarily cost more points).

Pity to those that can't book 330 out. I really doubt all the awards are being taken, this has to be something automated.

Best, Jamie
Old Jun 23, 2015, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Same experience here. I booked EZEJFK (thru-number via SCL) on BA for the wrong dates in order to beat the Avios devaluation. Then I watched every day. New inventory would appear (7Y/4J) then would be gone 24 hrs later, I monitored every day for 14 leading up to my desired departure. Clockwork. Once my day was available I simply changed the existing award on the BA site, but with a $50 pp charge (I think). Still, $200 (or so) to beat the devaluation was well worth it, and the thru-number means BA treated it as a single flight despite being two segments (which would ordinarily cost more points).

Pity to those that can't book 330 out. I really doubt all the awards are being taken, this has to be something automated.

Best, Jamie
Yeah, some LAN flights are posted daily (eg. MIA-LIM), but others seem to be batch (eg. LIM-CUZ). I've been looking for 3 weeks now, and still can't see anything for LIM-CUZ past April 2, 2016.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 3:50 pm

I just booked two business seats on TAM. JFK/GRU/SCL for next Feb. 1. I booked these thru AA. I was trying to book Lan but there was no availability. The agent found these seats on TAM.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by nittany987
Not OP, but I think I'm starting to get a handle on these patterns.

I think the North America - South America legs initially release 4 seats in business at 330, and then they (often) pull them back at 329/328. For what it's worth, LAN is seeming to pretty consistently list these flights (and release space) at t+330.

. . . .

I'm not seeing the rhyme or reason here.
Does anyone know what time of day (in a given time zone) on day 330 the awards are released to BA for booking? I have been watching JFK and MIA to EZE and saw the seats in business class when I looked in April and May. But yesterday (June 24) I saw nothing for May 19 ( which should have been 330 days out) or for any other day on either side. Maybe someone already booked all four for that day? And the others had already been pulled? That is why I am trying to find out what time of day the LAN seats are released to BA.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by enzian
Does anyone know what time of day (in a given time zone) on day 330 the awards are released to BA for booking? I have been watching JFK and MIA to EZE and saw the seats in business class when I looked in April and May. But yesterday (June 24) I saw nothing for May 19 ( which should have been 330 days out) or for any other day on either side. Maybe someone already booked all four for that day? And the others had already been pulled? That is why I am trying to find out what time of day the LAN seats are released to BA.
Twice I have booked at 0600 EST, using BA. They were not there at 0100 when I went to bed.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
Thanks! I will try looking as early in the day as possible. Not ready to book yet, just exploring possibilities.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
I could say from 5 to 11am EST.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:17 pm

For those following along at home, it seems LAN has now filed flights for CUZ through 330 days (up from Apr 2, 2016). However, they've only filled higher fare buckets and no award inventory as far as I can tell past 4/2/16. I suspect that they will change this at some point shortly, but who knows...

Also, I've noticed a shift in award availability for certain South American flights where J seats used to be released regularly at 319 days out. Now I'm only seeing Y seats. I have fingers crossed that this is also a short term glitch (either on LAN's part or on the part of the BA website - can't check because Qantas doesn't list some airports)

These clowns sure love to change the rules mid-game don't they?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by nittany987
For those following along at home, it seems LAN has now filed flights for CUZ through 330 days (up from Apr 2, 2016). However, they've only filled higher fare buckets and no award inventory as far as I can tell past 4/2/16. I suspect that they will change this at some point shortly, but who knows...

Also, I've noticed a shift in award availability for certain South American flights where J seats used to be released regularly at 319 days out. Now I'm only seeing Y seats. I have fingers crossed that this is also a short term glitch (either on LAN's part or on the part of the BA website - can't check because Qantas doesn't list some airports)

These clowns sure love to change the rules mid-game don't they?
I noticed yesterday that they had published fares, but that the flights weren't showing up on BA's website. I called American anyways, and I can confirm that they haven't made anything available to partners...this is so frustrating.

UPDATE: I now see award availability on BA's website through May 4, 2016. And wouldn't you know it, the day I need is May 6!

Last edited by MrMcLargeHuge; Jul 8, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, BAPP
The days I need for LIM-CUZ-LIM are also blocked off, 07-11 April. Maybe it's a national holiday but nothing I can see with a quick google.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, BAPP
...that was looking at them on Ba.com, but there seem to be 14 flights a day, so the mystery deepens.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
General elections.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elecci...%C3%BA_de_2016

You can thank me later. The most important thing: don't travel during those days. A lot (srsly, a LOT) of people will travel between places making the prices of any type of transportation double, a least. Peru has a compulsory election system, i.e. you have to vote or you get fined and are blacklisted with the state and bank system (get an ID, renew passport, open a bank account, etc.), unless you pay your fine.

Most people vote (~83% in 2011, or around 16.6 million) and, oddly, it is common when you have to move due to work or studies, not to update the address on your ID, so you'll have to return home to vote because your ID has you living on a specific city and you can only vote on a designated place.

http://archivo.larepublica.pe/09-04-...las-elecciones

You won't enjoy Peru during election time. Political ads everywhere, noise, and during election day total transportation collapse and massive campaign meetings in every major city square (starting at 5pm, after polling closes)

Last edited by MfromL; Jul 7, 2015 at 5:25 pm Reason: Clarification.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:51 pm

Last Friday july 3 I did find business class availability on the BA site for tam from mao to mia. I was able to book it on AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.