Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access in LIM with Business Ticket to JFK?

Old Oct 25, 2014, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, Delta, AA, Marriott

I am booked on a flight from LIM to JFK in business with LAN Peru (departs a little after midnight on a Monday morning).

With such a ticket would I gain complimentary access to a lounge in LIM airport? The only two lounges I have found online do not seem to be associated with a specific airline...

If I do have access, does anyone know if they have complimentary showers located on site? If I do not have complimentary access, any idea on how much it would cost for a one-time pass?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
You will first go to the SUMAQ lounge and show your BP. They have showers. However, if they are full, they'll send you to the VIP lounge down the way. I do not believe that SUMAQ has showers.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
SUMAQ has showers,VIP Lounge doesn't but if you get sent to VIP you can ask about using the shower over in SUMAQ. I haven't had any issues using the SUMAQ showers when LAN screws up and fills up SUMAQ when they have a problem with connections and sends the cattle class people to SUMAQ and me (in J) to VIP. The lounge people are usually pretty good about making arrangements if you give them enough time to put you in the shower line.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Oh where oh where are our manners? haha

Wecome GeneralShamu to FT LAN:LANPASS!!!

Free entry to the lounge(s) for you.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ttuna3
SUMAQ has showers,VIP Lounge doesn't but if you get sent to VIP you can ask about using the shower over in SUMAQ. I haven't had any issues using the SUMAQ showers when LAN screws up and fills up SUMAQ when they have a problem with connections and sends the cattle class people to SUMAQ and me (in J) to VIP. The lounge people are usually pretty good about making arrangements if you give them enough time to put you in the shower line.
I don't find that VIP is really much of a step below SUMAQ. However, I usually prefer to camp out in the "business center" in SUMAQ and just use one of their computers, and get my F&B and consume it in there. Both are overcrowded at peak hours, full of chanchos hoarding marginal snacks. If I can get to the bar and have the barman amargo make me a pisco sour and get a few tidbits to soak it up with, along with a lukewarm bottle of agua from the "heladera" (well, it looks like one, but nothing is ever cold from there), I'm as happy as one can get in the SUMAQ.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Lounge Shower Wait

Thank you for all the info guys, really appreciate it!

Given it is a Sunday night, it is probably going to be busy for business travelers. How long do you think the wait could potentially be for showers in the lounge?
Old Oct 25, 2014, 10:57 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
If I recall correctly there were two or three showers in Sumaq (pre-rennovation era). I didn't have to wait more than 30 minutes the last time I went through.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 2:58 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
GeneralShamu welcome to FT (sorry I missed that earlier)

I've never had more than about a 30 minute wait for a shower without them saying things are slow or there's a long wait. Just to be safe ask when you get to the lounge and they'll get you set up.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Thank you ttuna3 and worldtraveller73, appreciate the info confirm!

As a side note, it's remarkable to see how much some of you have traveled and the status you have built. I am always forced to fly the cheapest route so will have 50,000+ miles this year and elite status on zero airlines.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
Originally Posted by GeneralShamu
I am always forced to fly the cheapest route so will have 50,000+ miles this year and elite status on zero airlines.
That can get you status on LAN. Check out the requirements.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by david_33
That can get you status on LAN. Check out the requirements.
Meaning 50k miles split between:
United
Delta
American/Lan
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA
Look at Aegean for Star status.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.