LANPASS rewards on OW flights

Old Jun 26, 14, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
LANPASS rewards on OW flights

I'm not familiar with the LANPASS redemption policy & systems and I can't manage to book reward tickets on OW
I planned some options from LON and I'd get all the segments operated by other OW airlines.
My understanding is that the service should be available online, but the system never retrieves any availability, disregarding options and dates.
I called the contact centres in the UK, US and directly the one in Chile, but I always got some sort of issue with the calls: working hours, routing, etc. I'll try again...
Please, any tips, especially re the online services?
Best call centre to call, how to better get availability online, etc.
Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 14, 6:48 am

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Hi Alice,

Unfortunately the only online redemptions you can do are for LAN flights. For all other OW carriers you must call the contact center. If you are in Rome you rest best is probably the UK number. Hopefully you have Skype or some other VOIP so the call is not costly.
Old Jun 26, 14, 6:35 pm
Ambassador, LAN LANPASS

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
While it probably won't let you book everything (some cities aren't available on the dropdown), it is "possible" to book redemption awards on OW airlines. I tried this with some Iberia flights a few days ago and I did find that the availability was either "yes" or "sold out", it didn't check how many spaces were available until after you had filled out the passenger data (then it would say "oh, we don't have X spaces left")...
It's only good for round trips though, and you might still find that it's better to try to do this over the phone.

This is the table for OW flight redemptions.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: