Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SCL-IPC award seats?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by drekin
I see a good chunk of lowest level availability (50km) on Lan.com, but for the exact same dates ba.com is not showing any flights. I think this is the problem that was earlier alluded to. I will try calling ba, though they are only open while I'm at work and I'm not looking to talking to their agents.
Go in prepared with exact flight numbers dates etc and keep calling back until you get an experienced CS

Good luck.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:56 pm

I see a good chunk of lowest level availability (50km) on Lan.com, but for the exact same dates ba.com is not showing any flights. I think this is the problem that was earlier alluded to. I will try calling ba, though they are only open while I'm at work and I'm not looking to talking to their agents.
Just wondering how was your call with BA about the long-sell? I also saw a pretty good seat availability (50km RT) next year on LANPass (for me it is too good to be true), but BA.com always has no availability. Thanks for sharing!
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:35 pm

I ended up not following through with this as the award availability on my IPC-PPT leg disappeared (actually disappeared as in did not even show up on lan.com). Since I did not want to fly back to SCL, I decided not to do this trip and did not call in about the SCL-IPC long sell.

That said, I consistently see award availability ~330 days out on the last possible day to book. If you are willing to wait that long, I'm sure you can book a ticket (though not at once, you need to book the SCL-IPC first then X days later you book the IPC-SLC, where X is your length of stay in easter island). Availability seems to be more or less guaranteed last time I checked.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:30 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Isell.

That said, I consistently see award availability ~330 days out on the last possible day to book. IAvailability seems to be more or less guaranteed last time I checked.
On BA.com?

Or on LAN?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:32 am

Both, as of now I see Oct 1, 2015 (and only that date) available on SCL-IPC on ba.com. Tomorrow we will see Oct 2, and so on...
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
As I said before in other thread, LAN will release their seats 330 days in advance, you will be able to grab those seat only that day, after that, there is no guarantee that it will be able the next day. This is a common LAN issue (on purpose) for their OW partners.

Example

SCL-IPC on BA.com for Oct 1 2015, there 7Y, 5J, if you check 9/30/2015, there is none. If you check the same route tomorrow, you will see 7Y, 5J, but most likely 10/1/2015 (available today) will be "0" (zero, nada).

If you need to use your Avios points, buy it leg by leg, specially on SCL-IPC, IPC-PPT, PPT-IPC and MIA-EZE.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by fedechat
You need to find it on Lan.com first. Anyway,I have been looking for some seats in the last couple of weeks (just testing), they are opening PPT-IPC/IPC-PPT 7 to 21 days in advance. Take a look, you can find some awards for tomorrow and next week.
Are you still able to see this? I cannot seem to find any availability PPT-IPC on lan.com at 20kms through next October, though I am specifically looking for flight in May-June-July. I can only see 35kms, which I assume BA does not have access to.

Originally Posted by fedechat
If you need to use your Avios points, buy it leg by leg, specially on SCL-IPC, IPC-PPT, PPT-IPC and MIA-EZE.
And if I understand correctly, you're saying that this is only possible for trips done 330 days in advance?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:17 pm

You will be able to get your seats 330 days in advance, at least with AA/BA miles/points, otherwise you will have to check every single day and at least 3 times a day. Sometimes they release some seats but those route are very hard to get, even in economy.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:48 pm

Thanks fedechat. So it can be assumed that LAN only releases availability 330 days out and any other availability is due to cancellations?

Is it a similar situation for AKL-SCL? I can never find availability for that flight...even if I search for most days of every month.

Last edited by erwintok; Nov 18, 2014 at 6:57 pm
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:25 am

LAN release their seats 330 days in advance for their own program and for any OW partner (7Y, 7/5J), but on some routes (like MIA-EZE, SCL-IPC, IPC-PPT), they will remove their seats after a day, but just for their partners. Those seats will be available for their own program (LANPASS) for few more day.

They may release some seats but there is no guarantee about that, but I can tell you that is not because somebody cancel his award, I made a cancellation for PPT-IPC-SCL (J) and I never saw it again, I have to take PPT-IPC on Y, and IPC-SCL in J, and this was for the same day (PPT-IPC leg).

Another problem is... AA can not hold an LAN award seat for more than 24hs (per LAN rules), I had a hard time making a AA OW Explorer award ticket (discontinued since 4/7), but I was able to get PPT-IPC(stop)-SCL-MIA.

Regarding AKL-SCL, I see 7Y/5J for October 13, 14, 15 and 16... (327~330 days out)

Last edited by fedechat; Nov 19, 2014 at 8:32 am
Old May 28, 2015, 2:02 pm

So I've observed the posting (and pulling) of LAN awards to partners at 330/331 days for most international routes.

However, I'm running into a strange issue with particular regards to SCL-IPC. I noticed that LAN is not loading flights (either revenue or awards) for this route until 319 days out at most. I've confirmed this a couple of days in a row, where yesterday saw revenue flights available as far out as 4/10/16, and today has moved to 4/11/16.

What I'm seeing is that these flights do seem to be available at the low level for LANPASS members, at least in J for 50k km each way. However, I can't see these at all on BA.

This seems to be a shift from what I saw around January when LAN was loading schedules for this route at a more typical 331 days out and BA would show award availability that day (and that day only...)

Any thoughts or ideas? About 2 months out from trying to book this but have lots of other trip pieces that I need to put together.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by nittany987
So I've observed the posting (and pulling) of LAN awards to partners at 330/331 days for most international routes.

However, I'm running into a strange issue with particular regards to SCL-IPC. I noticed that LAN is not loading flights (either revenue or awards) for this route until 319 days out at most. I've confirmed this a couple of days in a row, where yesterday saw revenue flights available as far out as 4/10/16, and today has moved to 4/11/16.

What I'm seeing is that these flights do seem to be available at the low level for LANPASS members, at least in J for 50k km each way. However, I can't see these at all on BA.

This seems to be a shift from what I saw around January when LAN was loading schedules for this route at a more typical 331 days out and BA would show award availability that day (and that day only...)

Any thoughts or ideas? About 2 months out from trying to book this but have lots of other trip pieces that I need to put together.

Bump. Anyone have any thoughts on this issue? The 330 day in advance used to be so dependable,but now there is nada.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:37 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
SCL-IPC-SCL in J is very good BAEC tier point run. It doesn't make much sense to use BA miles even if there is availability... You can find return flights for ~450 euros in J at Chilean site and earn 280 TPs.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: Tinder Plus
Does anybody know what happened with LAN availability on BA website ?
I was looking for SCL-IPC or IPC-PPT , but could not find single seat available throughout the whole year.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by bartas8891
Does anybody know what happened with LAN availability on BA website ?
I was looking for SCL-IPC or IPC-PPT , but could not find single seat available throughout the whole year.
Check on LA first (must be the lowest redemption) , then call BA and let us know ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.