Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lan Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
Are there any tricks or ways to make seat selection work? Still getting the spinning circle when I click continue after selecting a seat.
Clicking F5 used to sometimes make a difference, but not sure it does anymore.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:08 pm
Lux

We all love a data point, so:

- Five domestic Avios award books in Colombia (such great value, really are) i.e. M class

- No problems selecting seats for each booking, generally Row 1 on Airbuses

- I'm a Oneworld Emerald; the earliest of these flights are three weeks away.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
I booked Mia-scl-mvd using aa miles on lan

Will be traveling with wife and lap infant, so sitting next to each other is a must

No status with oneworld. From reading this thread I should try calling aa for seat assignment or gamble with lan online ?

Aa phone wait is around 60 min nowadays

Flight is for dec 19, I know I know

We will be lucky if we don't get assigned to sit on the wing
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by stupidzbu

Aa phone wait is around 60 min nowadays
Must have been a good day. News report I read yesterday of a 6 HOUR wait.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
You can call AA and get your LAN PNR, then select your seats online. AA usually answer my calls in less than 2 minutes, but of course, I call their spanish customer service number ;-)
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:01 pm

I have an award booking all thru SA on LAN and TAM.

Virtually all economy seats were in the last row of the aircraft.

Thanks to the posters on this board , I rang up and changed them to quite acceptable seats much closer to the front.

This applied to both LAN and TAM metal.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 3:27 pm

Any hope?

we are booked thru a tour group from NYC to LIMA on AA, (AA to MIA, then LAN to Lima). Is it possible to upgrade our seats on LAN using our AA miles? Although I have our record locator for LANl, I cannot access our reservations.
Who do I contact, AA said they cannot. Any idea if we can do this thru LAN?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by decabea
we are booked thru a tour group from NYC to LIMA on AA, (AA to MIA, then LAN to Lima). Is it possible to upgrade our seats on LAN using our AA miles? Although I have our record locator for LANl, I cannot access our reservations.
Who do I contact, AA said they cannot. Any idea if we can do this thru LAN?
My experience is that you can only use AA miles for full awards on LAN, not for upgrades, unfortunately. The only airlines that you can upgrade with AA miles are BA and IB, I think, as part of the JBV.

The flight from LIM to SCL isn't too bad (only about 4 hours) and LAN's economy is not that horrible.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:01 am

LAN economy

ZPaul, thank you. I believe we have been able to secure aisle seats, so really it will not be too bad. We have never flown LAN, so it will be interesting. I just would like to access reservation on line, but I am unable to do so.
Old May 19, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I've been trying to select seats for SYD-SCL and having gotten a seat map to finally appear it won't register the seats. I select two that are shown as available and continue and it reverts back to the reservation screen without seats being saved. I successfully booked seats for SCL-GYE on the same date so it's just that first flight that's a problem. Is it a 787 issue of some sort?
Old May 27, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: QF OWE, NZ EP, Le Club Gold, HH Silver
I've just 'pre checked in' on LAN.com after selecting my seats on QF.com for QF321/LA800 tomorrow from AKL-SCL. It's about 30 hours to the flight now.

We've got 15A/C (hopefully no one steals the middle seat). We are OWE and OWS. But the front two rows of economy appeared empty but blocked. Row 13 seems entirely empty and all but the windows on Row 12 are empty. I may try at AKL airport tomorrow either using the kiosk or a person to see if we can get the more forward seats.

Does anyone have experiences of these preferential seats opening up at the 24 hour mark? Or is it only at the airport?

Cheers
Old May 28, 2015, 3:50 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Hi,
At the airport.
But preferred seats should not be blocked for Emeralds. Just call in?
Cheers
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:43 pm

Location: DCA's home, AA hubs and spokes are where you'll usually find me
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
This thread has been helpful, thanks all, though I still have a couple of questions:

-- Flying SLC-PUQ on 12/28. Booked on LAN, apparently a cheap fare, and now unsuccessfully trying to grab a seat - I'm an AA EXP. I've tried online to no avail and the EXP line seems unable to help either. If I check in at T-48, can I pick an "Emerald" seat at that point or am I still limited? I'll be at DFW about T-40, think the Admiral's Club can help sort out LAN seats and/or check me in?

-- How close is the bulkhead in row 1 on the A321a? I generally don't mind bulkheads and I'm interested in the view during this flight but don't want to be trapped in a tight corner for 3 hours. If it's a reasonable distance then it's a more appealing option (alternative would be the aisle, I suppose)
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:40 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Even LAN Comodoros and Blacks can't select seats on the Base fares so if you've got one of those you'll need to wait until T-48. You should be able to get the Priority seats then but you might need to call LAN if the system won't let you select them. I seem to remember that there are some seats that essentially only the LAN Comodoros and Blacks can get before the airport or all of the Comodoros and Blacks have checked in including any that have upgrades in the system waiting to be cleared have cleared.

It's LAN so YMMV!!
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: BA
What ttuna3 says is correct. I'd only add that, depending on your routing to PUQ you may do your checkin at t-48 and find the plane already all but completely full, seemingly with tour groups. Not sure what's going on there, but caveat emptor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.