Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Any success redeeming KMs for CX/KA flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2013, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

I called LANPASS and trying to redeem for CX/KA flights. I did my homework by checking the BA and CX sites for award availability; however, LAN PASS agent said no seats! I saw them wide open on BA and CX site. They said it does not matter, CX does not release many seats to LAN, and told me to call back in couple days to check again. Is it true? I doubt it. I saw all 4 flights open on BA & CX sites while LAN said 0 flights.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
Hi, you need to check the availability that airlines offer to their oneworld partners, not to their own Frequent Fliers. I suggest you use KVS for this, or that you use BA's website to look for availability on CX. Still I would say that maybe 25% of the times, even when it shows availability on KVS this is not shown for LAN.

I have redeemed times tickets on CX's F class three times. Most of the times I call and ask them exactly what I need, flight number included. If the "system" says no availability... then there is not much more you can do though.

Good luck!
Old Oct 18, 2013, 10:18 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

Originally Posted by sxchan
I called LANPASS and trying to redeem for CX/KA flights. I did my homework by checking the BA and CX sites for award availability; however, LAN PASS agent said no seats!
What are the flight #s/dates?
Old Oct 18, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Good luck. If you can swing it CX First Class is one of the best commercial flying experiences you can have! It's well worth any trouble to book it.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
Up until about a year ago, I regularly used my LANPASS Kms. for two flights in CX F a year. Then LAN had zero awards. No dates with anything showing. I complained to everyone at LAN who I could contact and they all blamed CX. However the awards were available for other OW programs. So now I just use my rapidly deteriorating LP Kms. for LAN flights to the U.S. and have shifted to AA miles for my CX awards. Of course now that J awards to LAX have also doubled in cost but also almost disappeared, I will have to modify my strategy again.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:21 pm

David, can you tell us how far out from travel dates did you have the best success ---- 3 months out -- 6 -9months? Sorry --- I may have asked this question before but I don't recall the answer.

I spoke with LANPASS who confirms how difficult it is --- they have to go day by day sending an electronic request and waiting for the reply. It's even more complicated since we want to book two seats on the same flights.

Appreciate any further advice or tips.

While we're at it ----anybody else had recent success booking CX first with LANPASS kms???
Old Oct 13, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
Originally Posted by postular
David, can you tell us how far out from travel dates did you have the best success ---- 3 months out -- 6 -9months? Sorry --- I may have asked this question before but I don't recall the answer.
?
I was booking 330 days out I think. Whatever the maximum was.

I am currently in Asia, (CX F from LAX) using AA miles. AA is the way to go. That said the LAN phone girls have told me they have obtained CX F seats for LAN Kms. Maybe last minute you could find some space available. You could try calling to see if they have anything around a week out as an experiment.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by david_33
I was booking 330 days out I think. Whatever the maximum was.

I am currently in Asia, (CX F from LAX) using AA miles. AA is the way to go. That said the LAN phone girls have told me they have obtained CX F seats for LAN Kms. Maybe last minute you could find some space available. You could try calling to see if they have anything around a week out as an experiment.
Can somebody please confirm: Is 330 days the max for award seats through LANPASS? I want to be sure to be right on the button!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.