Mixed class booking

Old May 6, 13, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Mixed class booking

Hi all ... I'm planning a trip later this year to the Falkland Islands, and am trying to figure out how to make a mixed-class booking on LAN.com -- MEX-SCL in business, and SCL-PUQ-MPN in economy.

Is there a trick to making a mixed-class booking on LAN.com? Or will I have to call LAN to book my ticket? I've only ever done a single-class ticket with them before, so this is a new issue for me. I've already found the itinerary and pricing I want on Matrix, but have been unable to get the LAN website to cooperate.

Thanks!
Old May 6, 13, 5:52 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Yeah, Lan.com does not do mixed class trips. There are some tricks, but probably best to call and spoon feed them the flights since you have the Matrix info. But sadly sometimes that doesn't work, the call centre doesn't always see the flights. Then (wash my mouth out with soap) you might have to use Expedia or Orbitz.
Old May 6, 13, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
You also might consider a traditional travel agent. They can mix/match anything (issued on LAN ticket stock) and sometimes there have been private fares available to TAs (in the GDS) that you might not get on .com - fear not, they are published in the sense that you get credit, etc.
Old May 6, 13, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Thanks for the tips. Will try the call center first. I've gotten so used to booking directly via airline websites in recent years that I haven't done the call center or Expedia/Orbitz thing in some time!
Old May 7, 13, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
You also might consider a traditional travel agent. They can mix/match anything (issued on LAN ticket stock) and sometimes there have been private fares available to TAs (in the GDS) that you might not get on .com - fear not, they are published in the sense that you get credit, etc.
^ Yes. But lets talk. I have had dismal luck with TAs. You go in, they key in the data and offer you whatever it spits out, even though it is twice the price I could find myself. Not being critical. I can spend several hours over several days searching down a price/route I like. It couldn't be profitable for a TA to do that. I am sure there must be good ones, just have not found one in my home town. And I can't imagine how it would work by phone or emails back and forth for a long distance remote TA. Are there TAs that specialize in NA-SA trips? Are there some better at LAN tix than others? I think I need to be educated.
Old Sep 20, 15, 12:22 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL / QF LTG
Question

Has there been any update on mixed class bookings on lan.com? I want to use the Chilean site as the tickets are substantially cheaper than a UK OTA. I have considered two separate bookings:
  1. SCL - IPC - SCL (Business)
  2. SCL - LIM - CUZ - SCL (Economy)
However I will be in transit IPC - SCL - LIM with a 70 minute connection time in SCL. Also wants bags interlined and one booking will help with any delays out of IPC. If not lan.com, any suggestions for a Chilean website I could use?
Old Sep 21, 15, 7:00 am

Hi Jase

If flying LAN-LAN on separate tix, no problem having the bags tagged all the way.

If flying LAN-LAN on separate tix, if the first LAN flight is delayed they will look after you, just be sure to let them know at the origin of the delay and they will work on it there.
Old Nov 10, 19, 3:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, AC, GA, Hyatt, Marriott
I assume the comment from bingocallerb22 from over six years ago still stands and LATAM's website doesn't function as well as it could.

I'm trying to book a multi-city business ticket where two of the flights are economy only. When I put my routing in the multi-city function on LATAM's website, I get results for all the flights I want, except the two economy sectors say the (business) cabin isn't available. Obviously I'd be happy to fly economy on those sectors but the engine doesn't allow me to select any flights. Of course, if I perform the whole search in economy, I can't select business on any flights.

Are my only options calling LATAM or using a TA?
Old Nov 11, 19, 1:14 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by danger View Post
I assume the comment from bingocallerb22 from over six years ago still stands and LATAM's website doesn't function as well as it could.

I'm trying to book a multi-city business ticket where two of the flights are economy only. When I put my routing in the multi-city function on LATAM's website, I get results for all the flights I want, except the two economy sectors say the (business) cabin isn't available. Obviously I'd be happy to fly economy on those sectors but the engine doesn't allow me to select any flights. Of course, if I perform the whole search in economy, I can't select business on any flights.

Are my only options calling LATAM or using a TA?
Yes. LATAM may charge a convenience fee but you may argue that you can't do it yourself on their page

Search this Thread
Search Engine: