Transferring in MDZ

Old Nov 26, 12, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Transferring in MDZ

I know there's got to be a thread on this but I can't seem to find anything after a brief search. I was going to fly SCL-EZE but after seeing that I could escape the reciprocity fee by connecting in MDZ, I'm considering that open instead. It's also about $100 cheaper.

Can anyone please comment on this and whether 1h45min is enough to clear customs and catch the MDZ-AEP segment?

Thanks,
OilersFL
Old Nov 27, 12, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by OilersFL View Post
I know there's got to be a thread on this but I can't seem to find anything after a brief search. I was going to fly SCL-EZE but after seeing that I could escape the reciprocity fee by connecting in MDZ, I'm considering that open instead. It's also about $100 cheaper.

Can anyone please comment on this and whether 1h45min is enough to clear customs and catch the MDZ-AEP segment?

Thanks,
OilersFL
When are you traveling?

Reciprocity fee becomes prepay online only and Argentina-wide on January 7.
Old Nov 27, 12, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Booked SCL-EZE

Yeah -- I later found out that it was going to be assessed at all points of entry starting 1/7. I'm planning on going in Feb.

So I ended up booking the direct flight to EZE. Hopefully they keep the equipment as an '87.
Old Nov 28, 12, 7:31 am

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
edit: D'oh! MDZ Mendoza, Argentina. Yes, that would have worked. Probably no longer.

I have even heard reports that they are collecting it, or demanding the proof in your passport, on the Buquebus ferry from Uruguay. From a trusted source who saw it firsthand herself.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: