Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LAN GDS Switch to SABRE 7/8 SEP 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:46 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by phlashba
...the whole concept that you must be screened again at the gate irritates me to no end since I travel with only carry-on and everything inside is arranged very precisely: the agents invariably try to ruffle-up the whole bag.
They are looking for teaspoons

TIP @:-) They never check your pockets
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Seat selection availability

Hi all

Has anybody tried to access the Seat Selection part of Lan.com? It's showing that it's not available, and that I should call the contact center. Did that but they don't have the power to assign preferred seats (I'm Comodoro), so the workaround is useless.

Any ideas?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
Fondas and ramadas open in 9 hours kicking off a 5 day dieciocho celebration with the 18 and 19 mandatory days off.

Anyone want to bet that nothing still broken will get fixed till late next week or beyond?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by BonzoLed
Hi all

Has anybody tried to access the Seat Selection part of Lan.com? It's showing that it's not available, and that I should call the contact center. Did that but they don't have the power to assign preferred seats (I'm Comodoro), so the workaround is useless.

Any ideas?
Hey BonzoLed, welcome to Lan Lanpass FT!

Generally, the contact centre can assign seats, but LAN is changing systems right now, so temporarily seat selection isn't working for anyone. It is being handled at the airport.

Quite right, as a Comodoro you are not receiving the promised benefit right now. But do not expect anything from LAN as compensation except a sincere “lo siento”.

Suggestions? If your flight is in the future, wait, they will fix the seat selection function. If your flight is imminent, early to the airport to get better seat selection.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome and for the advice. Yeah, flight is a bit in the future (2 weeks time) but I'm not letting my 1st row Charlie seat go away that easy It's an A319 with no W seats.

Happy w-end
Old Sep 16, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: LA, LH
Hey all, have been reading the forum for a while but this is my first post

Despite having a successful migration with their GDS, I still donīt get why they ask us to arrive 3 hours ahead to the airport, itīs way too much time for regional flights, although I agree about long-haul routes.

Anyway, having national holidays here, the "dieciocho" week, makes SCL just another chaotic place to be...

Cheers,
Old Sep 16, 2012, 3:09 pm

It's getting to the news that LAN has been heavily overbooking flights these days, I got offered US700 in LAN money to stay 24 hours on a flight to BOG, and people reports say they've offered up to 1700 USD to stay 4 hours waiting on a flight to MIA.
Seeing as not getting to the airport by the time they tell you is grounds for them to not let you board, i'd advise you to follow their times or risk loosing your flight... At least these dieciocho days.
In Spanish: http://rbb.cl/3lg7 (this news source tends to be somewhat anti-LAN, so take what they say with a chunk of salt!)

Greetings from the beautiful island of ADZ!!
Old Sep 16, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: LA, LH
Originally Posted by Mavalenzu
It's getting to the news that LAN has been heavily overbooking flights these days, I got offered US700 in LAN money to stay 24 hours on a flight to BOG, and people reports say they've offered up to 1700 USD to stay 4 hours waiting on a flight to MIA.
Seeing as not getting to the airport by the time they tell you is grounds for them to not let you board, i'd advise you to follow their times or risk loosing your flight... At least these dieciocho days.
In Spanish: http://rbb.cl/3lg7 (this news source tends to be somewhat anti-LAN, so take what they say with a chunk of salt!)
True. Long queues across all LAN flights departing from Chile, Although pax have been offered low amounts for opting-out of a plane on domestic flights, people just want to get on board, most of them dont care about a future compensation on a flight voucher they might not end up using in one year..

(Canīt complain, on Feb I was issued a compensation voucher for USD 2.000 for opting-out of an ovbkīed flight from LAX to SCL, that Iīm using now to fly SCL - MAD )
Old Sep 16, 2012, 9:54 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by khrisztian
Hey all, have been reading the forum for a while but this is my first post
Welcome to the LANPASS forum khrisztian. Nice to have you on board, please put your seat back in the upright position and stow your complaints in the overhead compartment.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:17 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
has the award booking functionality on other oneworld carriers been removed with the transition to sabre? this option is currently no longer displayed on the website ...
Old Sep 19, 2012, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
OLCI worked pretty well.

Issues (and not necessarily new ones):

Seats were previously selected, but it still makes you "select a seat" - if you don't hover the pre-selected seat elsewhere and then bring it back to your originally-selected seat, the process will not continue. (This once occurred awhile back in a full J cabina, and I couldn't OLCI because I couldn't bring the seat selection away and back.)

Although my AS # was stored, it defaulted to that # but as LA, not AS - I scrolled it back down to AS, and it appeared to store properly. No MP# appears at all on the BP (or pre-check-in pass) - I'll verify at the airport, as I have to check in anyway.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
SFO check-in a friendly breeze this morning, followed by no tacos at the security checkpoint. I'm wondering if there are going to be LIM issues later because the flight is showing a 5 row J cabina (LP) - fortunately, I already have my seat!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Had some trouble checking in Auckland last week for AKL-SCL-IPC. System were promptinh first that a paper ticket would be required. It got solved. Then, I wanted to remove my AA FF from the LA segments because I am not sure if I want to dump them to AA. It took some time and the help of a supervisor to get this removal of AA FF done.

Check in at IPC to IPC-PPT was uneventful.

The lines at SCL last Friday for check in were very long. As I had my BP already, it didn't affect me.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:06 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
I just flew into LAX from LIM. Long lines, even for business. Sabre personnel all over the place. The girl next to me checking in was trying to get baggage tags to her final destination and the Sabre guy was working on that for a while. Also another Sabre person was at the boarding gate helping with the upgrades. (I got mine at the counter including blocked seat next to me, so I don't have any complaints). However things weren't moving very quickly, so if anyone is flying out of LIM getting to the airport early wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by david_33
I just flew into LAX from LIM. Long lines, even for business. Sabre personnel all over the place. The girl next to me checking in was trying to get baggage tags to her final destination and the Sabre guy was working on that for a while. Also another Sabre person was at the boarding gate helping with the upgrades. (I got mine at the counter including blocked seat next to me, so I don't have any complaints). However things weren't moving very quickly, so if anyone is flying out of LIM getting to the airport early wouldn't be a bad idea.
oopsi - I hope they will gain more experience during the next days. I will be in south america in the first three weeks of october - based in LIM taking some LAN flights ex LIM airport ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.