Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Staggered expiration of kms - not a lot, but still...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2012, 11:31 am
Original Poster

It appears that due to LANPASS' staggered expiration rules, a block of around 12K km will expire at the end of this year and the remaining 2K at the end of next year. These only total 14K km or around 9K miles... but still, a km is a km!!

Do I have to use each block before it expires or is there any simple way to extend their usable life? I am not going to apply for the LAN Pass Visa until early 2013, or be able to transfer Starpoints at this time (because I will have to transfer a minimum of 2,500 *Pts which will upset my plans of transferring 20K to another airline at one time later to get the 5K bonus).
Old Apr 8, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
You can fly LAN, that will extend them 3 years
Old Apr 9, 2012, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

I'll just use them up for a short hop... will save me from worrying. I think I can get a few extra starpoints transferred and that will put me in reach of an award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.