Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-GYE-LIM Question.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: A bunch of pretty little colored plastic cards.
JFK-GYE-LIM Question.

Travelling JFK-GYE-LIM in J with just a layover in GYE for a connection to LIM. I just wanted to confirm that there is a transit area in GYE and I can just transit to my LIM flight without clearing customs/immigration. Does one deplane into the terminal area in GYE or do I need to make my way to the transit area?

On a related note, can anyone comment on the inflight service for the JFK-GYE leg. Late departure so assuming breakfast would be the main meal prior to landing? Same question for the LIM-JFK nonstop which I am taking on the return. Does LIM have a separate security channel for J passengers?

Really looking forward to trying LAN's Premium Business product.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by MichaelJFK
Travelling JFK-GYE-LIM in J with just a layover in GYE for a connection to LIM. I just wanted to confirm that there is a transit area in GYE and I can just transit to my LIM flight without clearing customs/immigration. Does one deplane into the terminal area in GYE or do I need to make my way to the transit area?

On a related note, can anyone comment on the inflight service for the JFK-GYE leg. Late departure so assuming breakfast would be the main meal prior to landing? Same question for the LIM-JFK nonstop which I am taking on the return. Does LIM have a separate security channel for J passengers?

Really looking forward to trying LAN's Premium Business product.

Thanks in advance.
Nice trip as I recall.
You get great food at the start of the JFK-GYE flight and later breakfast, if you want.
Arrive GYE and go thru sterile transit area to departures where is a nice new lounge for your morning coffee (with Bailey's jeje).
GYE-LIM gets you a snack as well.
The LIM-JFK same, late meal and wine and early breakfast (expedited or full) depending on your wishes.
No dedicated LAN J security lines, but not really needed.
Enjoy your trip!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: A bunch of pretty little colored plastic cards.
Fantastic. Thanks for the details. I think I might just skip dinner and sleep though now I am tempted to perhaps stay awake -- particularly after viewing the recent post with the J meal to SCL .
Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
It's really too short a flight to get a lot of quality sleep. But GYE is a nice, new terminal and you will be comfortable on all legs. I do this route frequently as it's cheaper to purchase in "I" class going through GYE, but I change to JFK-LIM direct when I can for the longer uninterrupted segment.

While LAN can have problems with service on the ground they have a great hard product; I don't think you will be disappointed. Just remember that if you want something during the flight you may need to ring your call bell or go to the galley as the FAs don't make regular rounds through the cabin once meal service is completed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.