Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Miami Airport Lounge for LAN Business Class Passengers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,

I'll be traveling LAN business to LIM. Booked ticket with American AAdvantage miles. Flying to MIA on AA from DFW, then connecting to LAN2511, departing at 23:55 PM to LIM.

At MIA, what lounge is used for business passengers flying LAN?

I read that LAN may use Club America, with access by invitation. I will not be checking in with LAN, I'll be getting my boarding passes and luggage checked with American. How can I get an invitation, or can I just show up with my LAN business boarding pass?

Is Club America the better lounge option, or are there anothers that I'd have access to that might be better?

What gates does LAN use at MIA?

thanks

Last edited by swdke; Jan 26, 2012 at 7:27 am
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, SPG Gold
LAN uses the shared lounge in Terminal J - South Terminal (they fly out of J in MIA). I think it is called Club Americas. It is just a basic lounge, and quite crowded when I was there before Christmas. A bit disappointing because you think they would have something nice in Miami.

The lounge is basically one big room with seating and several TVs. They also have a bar area with some light snacks.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
Since you are arriving to MIA on AA, you could also use one of the two AAdmiral's Clubs in Terminal D. You will have to go through security again at Terminal J, so you don't lose anything.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by CVCONDE
Since you are arriving to MIA on AA, you could also use one of the two AAdmiral's Clubs in Terminal D. You will have to go through security again at Terminal J, so you don't lose anything.
Does MIA have a tram to get from D to J? Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
No. It is about a 10 minute walk.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 8:00 pm

Programs: HH Gold and lowly DL FO
I recently asked a similar question. The replies in my thread may also provide some useful information for you.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lan-l...ge-access.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.