Wiki Posts
Search

LANPass to AAdvantage

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium & LT Gold
LANPass to AAdvantage

I have a LANPass account I have not used in a long time, I was wondering if I could close that account and transfer my kilometers to my AAdvantage account? (since they are both OneWorld Airlines)(doing a KM to miles conversion)
Old Jan 25, 2012, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fmisle
I have a LANPass account I have not used in a long time, I was wondering if I could close that account and transfer my kilometers to my AAdvantage account? (since they are both OneWorld Airlines)(doing a KM to miles conversion)
No, there are no transfers of miles between any airlines unless they're co-owned (as in UA and CO after the merger announcement but before the merger implementation completion).

However, you can use those kms on flights on other OW carriers.

And don't LAN kms eventually expire (especially with no activity)? If so, that would suggest you might want to use them sooner rather than later.

(Btw, neither are there often ways to transfer miles out of an airline to anywhere else. CO used to allow transfers to Amtrak but now that they're merging with UA it's unclear whether that will continue. AA claims to be discontinuing transfers to Hilton HHonors and Priority Club hotel programs, though there's still an online way to do so that's alive as of at least a week ago. But chances are that there is no way to transfer from LAN into anything else.)
Old Jan 25, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
except, of course, you can transfer to another LanPass account

fmisle, check your electronic account, it will show when your kms are to expire... generally three years after no activity; a flight will restore all to a new three year expiry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.