FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LATAM | LATAM Pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass-689/)
-   -   LAN Check-in online? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass/1297275-lan-check-online.html)

sandrar Jan 1, 2012 12:41 pm

LAN Check-in online?

Flying LAN business class LAX to SCL... using AA miles. Do I check-in online with AA or can I check-in with LAN. I realize, once at LAX, I go to LAN counter.

phlashba Jan 1, 2012 1:44 pm

You should be able to do "pre-check in" using your PNR and last name on LAN.com.

JohnAx Jan 1, 2012 2:00 pm

LAN doesn't always recognize AA's PNR

Inconsistently, LAN on-line will refuse to acknowledge a booking if you use the AA PNR. AFAIK the only solution is to call LAN - the human can see the AA code and give you theirs.

My experience with calling LAN at 1 866 435 9526 from a cellphone in Argentina is that the connection is reliably horrible, while calling AA is clear, so if you can handle the thing via AA you'll be happier.

Eastbay1K Jan 1, 2012 2:19 pm

Pre-check is a waste of time, as you still have to check in (unless it lets you choose seats you may not yet have).

Although it has been about 2 years since I've done so, my formerly frequent LAN LAX J check in experiences have been fine. Make sure you have your ticket #s on hand in case the AA and LA computers didn't communicate properly (most often in the case of a schedule change requiring ticket reissue).

bingocallerb22 Jan 1, 2012 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 17727140)
Pre-check is a waste of time, as you still have to check in (unless it lets you choose seats you may not yet have).

Maybe not totally usless, :eek: I sort of think pre-checkin logs you in and gives you a pecking order number... might be useful in a oversold situation, or up grades... but don't ask me to prove that :D

sandrar Jan 1, 2012 5:28 pm

Thanks for your answers. We have both AA and LAN conf.#'s. We also have been pre-assigned our bus. class seats. I will try to confirm on LAN.com. What time should we get to LAX? LAN says 3 hrs ahead. I'm thinking since we're in Bus. class, we can make 2 or 2 1/2 hrs. ahead. What do you think?

JohnAx Jan 2, 2012 4:39 am

Is there any way to learn the LAN PNR (for a booking made at aa.com) other than calling LAN C/S? My limited experience suggests that the airport self-check-in machines know the original PNR, but the OLCI computer does not.

meecal Jan 12, 2012 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by JohnAx (Post 17730094)
Is there any way to learn the LAN PNR (for a booking made at aa.com) other than calling LAN C/S? My limited experience suggests that the airport self-check-in machines know the original PNR, but the OLCI computer does not.

Try checkmytrip.com

phlashba Jan 12, 2012 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by meecal (Post 17803038)
Try checkmytrip.com

I think it only works in the reverse ( you can find the AA number if you have the LAN PNR) because LAN uses Amadeus and AA does not. But maybe can you find the LAN PNR on the e-ticket?

sdsearch Jan 13, 2012 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by JohnAx (Post 17730094)

I was able to call AA CS and get this info verbally from them. (This was well after I'd booked the flight. I don't know how quickly AA gets this info.)

(I also got similar info for a Gol partner flight on the same call, that was on the same itinerary.)

After I got off the phone, I went to the LAN site, and verified that it could pull up my flight (but of course, since it was way more than 2 days before it, I couldn't much more with it yet).

And the day or so before my flight, I was able to check in successfully online and select a seat up front. (I didn't have a printer, and needed to check a bag anyway, so I didn't try actually printing the boarding pass. Seat selection per my AA status was my only goal, and that did seem to work.)