Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

The handy LAN threads and links thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The handy LAN threads and links thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:27 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Arrow

Originally Posted by workandski
I think the LAN website is unclear as to whether there is a charge for changing the dates if I keep the destination the same.
It used to be that there was a LAN.com page for changing the dates on LAN awards for free, but it was always broken... I think what is valid now is probably this (from August 1st... can't find it on the English site) and I believe is probably only waived as a Premium Silver / Comodoro benefit.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
Originally Posted by 3544quebec

I believe this link says that if I fly on a TAM flight and earn LANPASS kilometers, it will extend the validity of all my LANPASS kilometers. I just flew two segments on TAM. The LAN website shows the new kilometers with an expiration date of three years from now but the old kilometers still have an expiration date of 12/31/2013. I just spoke to a LANPASS agent who said that only flights on LAN will extend the expiration date of the old kilometers.

Am I mistaken? Any suggestions for getting the expiration date changed? I know I could book a flight on LAN for next year with the kilometers, but I flew on TAM specifically to get the expiration date of the old kilometers changed.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:22 pm
Ambassador: LATAM
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
To give you a bit of hope, I dont think that flights that renew your kms actually renew them immediately.

I can fly LAN and I will have two expiry dates immediately afterwards. I have not flown LAN since July but now I have only one expiry date, 36 months out from my last flight. So all expiry dates got updated at some point afterwards.

If this is the same for TAM flights then you might find they update automatically but not immediately
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
Thank you for that ray of hope. One thing that bothers me: the LAN website seems to say that you have to fly LAN to extend the expiration date of the kilometers, but the link that I included in my last post says that TAM flights will extend the LANPASS miles. I can't find the language in the link except by using the link. Is it possible that the link is to something that has not yet been implemented?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:52 pm

Question

Originally Posted by workandski
One thing that bothers me: the LAN website seems to say that you have to fly LAN to extend the expiration date of the kilometers, but the link that I included in my last post says that TAM flights will extend the LANPASS miles. I can't find the language in the link except by using the link.
I take that back! I just found something that says that TAM miles will extend the LANPASS kilometer expiration date beginning in June 2013. The only way I could get to that language was to look at my online account statement and then click on a link in the account statement. When I look at the LANPASS rules that are posted elsewhere on the website, it says that only LAN flights count. Now I am in a bind because I don't know how to get confirmation from LAN that they won't take my kilometers away if I don't use them by year end. I guess the best I can do is print out my account statement and the language I found about the TAM flights and hope for the best.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22067941-post1.html

I started a thread with SCL contruction issues, and as these are important to LAN SCL flyers, above is the link. Most noteable so far is the change to the premium check-in.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:28 am
Suspended

So.........when do the miles expire? I've never flown LAN or TAM and I've just received an offer for 30K miles. How long do I get having never flown them - 36 months?
Old Jul 5, 2014, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
The above link is broken. I was trying to search LAN's website for this information as I wanted to see how much would I earn flying Malaysia Airlines, but I can't seem to find this information anywhere.
Help anyone? Thank you!
Old Jul 5, 2014, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichaelJapan
The above link is broken. I was trying to search LAN's website for this information as I wanted to see how much would I earn flying Malaysia Airlines, but I can't seem to find this information anywhere.
Help anyone? Thank you!
Thanks, I fixed it for you

http://www.lan.com/en_us/sitio_perso...ated-airlines/
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Thank you! ^
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Hope this is the right spot for this info...

LAN has online videos of their seating.

LAN 767:
http://www.lan.com/sitio_personas/mi...67e/index.html

LAN787:
http://www.lan.com/sitio_personas/minisitios/boeing787/
Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:35 am

Hi all. Is there an official LAN lurker on FT? Or do you regulars have any suggestions for getting their attention?

I left my camera in the seat pocket of flight 1481 UIO to LIM on 4 Dec and have been going around in circles trying to get it back. I know carry-on is my responsibility, i know it is my own stupid fault, but i cant get anyone to go back and look for it. I have rung, facebooked, gone back to the airport - nothing. They keep saying "call us again in 24hrs". I am OWE but they could give a sh.t.

Help! The camera is just a camera, but there are 3 weeks of irreplaceable South America trip of a lifetime photos in there.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by secondsoprano
Hi all. Is there an official LAN lurker on FT? Or do you regulars have any suggestions for getting their attention?

I left my camera in the seat pocket of flight 1481 UIO to LIM on 4 Dec and have been going around in circles trying to get it back. I know carry-on is my responsibility, i know it is my own stupid fault, but i cant get anyone to go back and look for it. I have rung, facebooked, gone back to the airport - nothing. They keep saying "call us again in 24hrs". I am OWE but they could give a sh.t.

Help! The camera is just a camera, but there are 3 weeks of irreplaceable South America trip of a lifetime photos in there.
No sorry, there is no official lurker. I do not have any practical suggestions for you either. So you are in LIM at the moment?

Yes they do not much care and tell you to call back so you are the next person's problem. Which Facebook page have you written to? The USA one has a dedicated social media team and is more helpful than any South American one.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
Since I know LAN is one of the big carriers in LIM and Peru overall, I decided it would be a good idea to post this here. I have created the Peruvian Lounges Meet-Up thread, which helps FTers connect in case they want to have access to a lounge in Peru. If you are willing to give or need to access to one of the lounges, you can check the thread here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/peru/...up-thread.html

First offer is already up there. Hope you find it useful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.