LAN upgrade with kms & coupons fare classes

Old Dec 1, 15, 7:10 am
Ambassador, LAN LANPASS

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles, Virtuoso TA
Hi KoRowa!
Johnny's post is back from 2011, this year LATAM did some rearrangements (booking class alignment project)...

http://www.lan.com/es_pe/gc/asociado..._sp/index.html

http://www.lan.com/upload/pdf/FAQ_BCA_TAM_ES.pdf
Old Dec 1, 15, 2:37 pm
Ambassador: LAN LANPASS
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Avianca Lifemiles Diamond
Hi andreadbc

The first link takes me to the country selection page, but I can open the PDF

I see the new economy classes are Y-B-H-K-M-L-V-X-S-N-Q-O-G-A

So is the cut off between Base and Base Plus now between X and S?

If anyone knows then I can update the OP
Old Dec 1, 15, 9:07 pm

Programs: LANPASS, Miles&More
Hi Johnny,

yes, I would think so. L-V-X is Base Plus, S-N-Q-O-G-A is Base.

In the meantime I also found the following site: http://www.lan.com/es_cl/sitio_perso...como-acumular/. Down in section 3. "Vuelos nacionales e internacionales en TAM" the classes are listed with their groups. According to the documents linked by andreadbc, the booking classes were unified between LAN and TAM, so I infer that the classes listed for TAM are in the same way valid for LAN.
Old Dec 29, 15, 2:20 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
On Sunday I called to upgrade a ticket I've got thru an agency that sells deep discount ticket (studentuniverse). They told me that my fare allowed upgrade with kms so they searched and aparently didn't find anything.

On Monday I called again, knowing that it might just be that the contact center agent didn't want to work too much since it was late on Sunday, and bingo i got the upgrade.

I just had to go to a Lan office in Lima to do some paperwork because the flight included a segment with AA. They also told me that the baggage allowance is dependant not on the ticket but on the cabin flown.

For anyone trying with kms, just call the next day because, as I found out talking to the office agent, sometimes it is a long process (up to 30 minutes) and some agents are not familiar with it (the one in the office wasn't so she had to escalate it to a supervisor that guided her step by step), and they are not willing to try it.
Old Jan 22, 16, 10:54 am

Hey everyone,

I apologize if this is redundant, and i feel like it is. If this question has already been addressed, please point me in the right direction to the answer.

My KMS are scheduled to expire by 12/31/16.

Does this mean if i simply need to book travel by 12/31/16 or do i need to be on the plane by end of 2016?

For example, could i book my flight on 12/30/16 to depart on 2/7/17?

Thanks for your help!
Old Jan 22, 16, 11:26 am
Ambassador: LAN LANPASS
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Avianca Lifemiles Diamond
Originally Posted by kickmee6 View Post
Hey everyone,

I apologize if this is redundant, and i feel like it is. If this question has already been addressed, please point me in the right direction to the answer.

My KMS are scheduled to expire by 12/31/16.

Does this mean if i simply need to book travel by 12/31/16 or do i need to be on the plane by end of 2016?

For example, could i book my flight on 12/30/16 to depart on 2/7/17?

Thanks for your help!
No, if you have redeemed them by your expiry date then they are no longer in your account and you are golden

A more sophisticated question would be what happens to your kms if you subsequently cancel the flight and have them redeposited, I don't know the answer to that
Old Jan 22, 16, 12:59 pm

Programs: LANPASS
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia View Post
No, if you have redeemed them by your expiry date then they are no longer in your account and you are golden

A more sophisticated question would be what happens to your kms if you subsequently cancel the flight and have them redeposited, I don't know the answer to that
LANPASS rules state that should you request a cancellation and have your kms reinstated, they'll be reinstated according to their original expiration date.
Old Jan 22, 16, 12:59 pm

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia View Post

Thank you Johnny!

I certainly ain't too sophisticated now, but i sure am fittin' to visit the gorgeous gorgeous Galapagos...in first class & free of charge

( Thank you Lanpass Signature )
Old Jan 31, 16, 5:11 pm

Programs: NH*G, SQ PPS Solitaire, LH*S, LAN Premium Silver, IHG platinum
I recently asked to see if I could upgrade an X class fare with coupons from GRU to LIM on LAN and was told that by the agent(i did it at the LAN office in LIma at the El Polo shopping mall) that no it was not possible. Can anyone clarify if X is indeed upgradaeable or not? many Lan agents themselves seem confused. If its no I will try using KMs instead.
Old Jan 31, 16, 9:15 pm
Ambassador, LAN LANPASS

Originally Posted by One_Star_Sky Alliance View Post
I recently asked to see if I could upgrade an X class fare with coupons from GRU to LIM on LAN and was told that by the agent(i did it at the LAN office in LIma at the El Polo shopping mall) that no it was not possible. Can anyone clarify if X is indeed upgradaeable or not? many Lan agents themselves seem confused. If its no I will try using KMs instead.
X should be Base Plus (LE), so if sold and operated by LAN, you should be able to apply for upgrade with coupons.
Old Feb 1, 16, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by andreadbc View Post
X should be Base Plus (LE), so if sold and operated by LAN, you should be able to apply for upgrade with coupons.
There's no strict Class->Family equivalence.
Actually, there is, but RM&P is very fond of not adhering strictly to it, which is a nightmare both for passengers and for the people running the sales touch points

That said, X is usually mapped to a Base family fare, which will not let you to get listed for an upgrade
Old Feb 1, 16, 5:39 pm
Ambassador, LAN LANPASS

it's for a random date (April 30th), but X for GRU-LIM is a Base Plus (LE) fare

FQGRULIM30APR-LA«
SAO-LIM CXR-LA SAT 30APR16 USD
//SEE FQHELP FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEW FARE DISPLAYS//
ALL FEES/TAXES/SVC CHARGES INCLUDED WHEN ITINERARY PRICED
SURCHARGE FOR PAPER TICKET MAY BE ADDED WHEN ITIN PRICED
LA SAOLIM.WH 30APR16 MPM 2564
V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 GLESPH8E G‡R 210.00 E14FE T01FE 14/1 SU/ 2M WH01
D19JN C30JN
2 OLESPH8E O‡R 299.00 ---- 14/1 SU/ 2M WH01
3 QLESPH6E Q‡R 329.00 ---- 7/1 SU/ 2M WH01
4 NLESP20E N‡R 369.00 ---- -/1 2/ 2M WH01
5 SLESP00E S‡R 429.00 ---- -/1 -/ 2M WH01
6 XLELE00E X‡R 494.00 ---- -/‡ -/12M WH01
7 VLELE00E V‡R 559.00 ---- -/‡ -/12M WH01
8 LLELE00E L‡R 639.00 ---- -/‡ -/12M WH01
Old Feb 1, 16, 6:49 pm

Yes, like I said YMMV

On some routes (and depending on what your sales city is) you may find under the same FQ transaction fares for the same class but different family code, and even fares with a given family code but attributes of another family...

It we were in pre-2012, I would definitely assure you that every class is always in the same family, but not anymore.

At least UPG elegibility is still based on the family code in the fare basis (LE in your example) which at least makes some sense for the passenger and ticketing agent. Pre-reserved seats are restricted on a city pair + booking class basis, which is a nightmare
Old Feb 1, 16, 7:41 pm

Programs: NH*G, SQ PPS Solitaire, LH*S, LAN Premium Silver, IHG platinum
Thanks

Thanks for the answers! But the answers seems like a maybe? However I think it is base plus though on further examination of my ticket so I"m gonna chance it and try the upgrade at the 48 hour window(not really great hopes given i'm premium silver on a busy travel weekend on a flight with just 18 business class seats).

Heres what was on the ticket.
For the fare: XLELE00F of the family Base Plus
Maximum stay at the destination 12 months.
Old Feb 1, 16, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by One_Star_Sky Alliance View Post
Thanks for the answers! But the answers seems like a maybe? However I think it is base plus though on further examination of my ticket so I"m gonna chance it and try the upgrade at the 48 hour window(not really great hopes given i'm premium silver on a busy travel weekend on a flight with just 18 business class seats).

Heres what was on the ticket.
For the fare: XLELE00F of the family Base Plus
Maximum stay at the destination 12 months.
4th and 5th characters reading "LE" is Base Plus... you should be good to go. If the flight is tight, try checking in as soon as the flight opens for check-in (as in exactly 48 hours before departure) since upgrade priority is ordered by elite tier and ties are broken by check-in time. So be the first so at least you get on top of the SAPH list

Search this Thread
Search Engine: