Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LAN upgrade with kms & coupons fare classes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:01 am

For the Upgrade Coupons, on LAN's website the below is shown:

Between South America and the Caribbean / Cancun / Easter Island / Papeete Number of Coupons: 1

But the Upgrade Coupons say they are for international flights only. As far as I know LAN only flies from South America to Easter is from SCL to IPC which is a domestic route. Is this an exception to the International Rule? Has anyone used a coupon on that route?

I am also trying to see how much that route would cost to upgrade with KMS but that part of their site seems broken.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:58 am

I tried using a coupon on that route, and everything went Okay for me. The end result was that I did NOT get the upgrade. But that was because others were higher on the list ahead of me. It was not because of the rules for SCL-IPC.
But right up until flight time, they were ready to grant my coupon, no problem. I suggest you apply to use your coupon the second you're able to (24 hours in advance maybe?). I waited a few hours and had people ahead of me.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:27 pm

Thanks for the input. I will give it a shot and see what happens, no status on LAN. According to the website its 48 hours before. I will make sure to do it exactly as soon as that time hits.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by the188
According to the website its 48 hours before.
Yes, that sounds right. I also have no status. I used my coupon about 45 hours before, and I think I was 5th in the line. Once you use the coupon, the site will show you the line. Doesn't give you their names but it will show you where you fall in line.

I remember the website showed two of the people ahead of me in line were "LAN Employees Requesting Upgrade for their honeymoon" Found this interesting that LAN put its own employees in the queue ahead of paying customers. A nice employee perk, but not so nice to me, since I didn't get the upgrade!
Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: BA
For LAN it's not when you use your coupon, it's when you do online check in. Opens at T-48.

(For TAM it's when you purchase your ticket. And online check in opens at T-72.)
Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by cheaptom
I remember the website showed two of the people ahead of me in line were "LAN Employees Requesting Upgrade for their honeymoon" Found this interesting that LAN put its own employees in the queue ahead of paying customers. A nice employee perk, but not so nice to me, since I didn't get the upgrade!
iirc customers priority rank is around 16-17. Every LATAM employee and their dog ranks higher than the actual customers that keep them in business.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by IanWorthington
iirc customers priority rank is around 16-17. Every LATAM employee and their dog ranks higher than the actual customers that keep them in business.
In my experience, you're right. I was kinda angry that some honeymooners got to freeload the seats that I wanted. My wife was more angry that the meal they served was EEL.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:51 pm

Where on the LAN page can you see your upgrade coupons available? I just got the LANPASS Visa (US Bank) and it should come with 3 coupons. I see they hand them out like candy even to their low level elites. Still, a much better chance of getting a upgrade than winning the lottery though.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by the188
Where on the LAN page can you see your upgrade coupons available? I just got the LANPASS Visa (US Bank) and it should come with 3 coupons. I see they hand them out like candy even to their low level elites. Still, a much better chance of getting a upgrade than winning the lottery though.
I haven't been on LAN.com in a while, but you have to hunt and peck and navigate through the menus. You'll find it.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Just a little hunting and a little pecking... go to your acccount page, at the very bottom, click the blue box that says "Estado de Cuenta Upgrades"
Old Aug 8, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Question: I'm doing a LIM-GRU on Monday and decided to use my coupons to request an upgrade for both Mrs. MfromL and me (my first time requesting upgrades). Right now we are # 2 and 3 in the queue. Just a Comodoro ahead of us, and it is T-39 hours. I know there should be about 6 or 7 seats open (made a mock reservation and found the oppenings by doing seat reservation yesterday).

For those who have more experience, is there a goldilocks zone when I could claim victory or is it tension until the end? (take into account, 6-7 opennings, 3 upgrade request so far, no honeymooners!!).

And also, where do I get the upgrades, at the checkin counter or at the gate? (should I ask an update on the status to the ticket agent or not..?)

Thanks.

Last edited by MfromL; Aug 8, 2015 at 5:30 pm
Old Aug 8, 2015, 5:33 pm
Ambassador: LATAM
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

No it's up to the wire I'm afraid. A Comodoro black might pitch up and jump you in the queue.

I've had upgrades at check in only once. That was BOG. Everywhere else I've had a beep at the gate.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 3:33 pm

New to the Forum, new to the game, I apologize if this is a redundant post or if i am breaching any etiquette.

Just spoke with LAN regarding my LAN Pass Visa Signature Card -- namely the (3) upgrades that are awarded after spending 15K during the calendar year.

As per my conversation, I went to book a RT reward flight from JFK-TRU. I was told all reward travel is INELIGIBLE for upgrades.

Unless I've missed something, this news contradicts prior posts in this thread.

Can anyone corroborate or refute my findings? Should I call back and ask for something in writing to cite this?

I would love to be wrong here. I signed up for both the LANPASS Signature and the regular LANPASS card in 2014 and have committed all of my spending in 2015 toward receiving these upgrades.

Thank you in advance for your help. As the new guy with no knowledge/ experience of my own, I have a lot of respect for this community. Although right now I have nothing to contribute in return for your help, I will one day, and i will not forget where i first started.

Last edited by kickmee6; Aug 11, 2015 at 3:42 pm
Old Aug 11, 2015, 5:44 pm
Ambassador: LATAM
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by kickmee6
New to the Forum, new to the game, I apologize if this is a redundant post or if i am breaching any etiquette.

Just spoke with LAN regarding my LAN Pass Visa Signature Card -- namely the (3) upgrades that are awarded after spending 15K during the calendar year.

As per my conversation, I went to book a RT reward flight from JFK-TRU. I was told all reward travel is INELIGIBLE for upgrades.

Unless I've missed something, this news contradicts prior posts in this thread.

Can anyone corroborate or refute my findings? Should I call back and ask for something in writing to cite this?

I would love to be wrong here. I signed up for both the LANPASS Signature and the regular LANPASS card in 2014 and have committed all of my spending in 2015 toward receiving these upgrades.

Thank you in advance for your help. As the new guy with no knowledge/ experience of my own, I have a lot of respect for this community. Although right now I have nothing to contribute in return for your help, I will one day, and i will not forget where i first started.
Welcome to FlyerTalk and the LAN forum.

As shown in the first post in this thread. Reward travel books into T and if you have coupons then you can apply them. I have not seen anything that contradicts that unless reward travel can now only be upgraded for elites or something.

Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:21 am

Thank you for your reply. Is there any where I can find information regarding this in writing?

Am I missing something here? Is this one of those loop hole type things that works online even though it technically shouldn't?

I've read through all of LAN's terms and conditions. See below link:

http://www.lan.com/en_us/sitio_perso...ils/index.html

I have not found anything which explicitly says you can or cannot use upgrade coupons on reward flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.