Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

What do people think of "LOVE" by Cirque?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2007, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

What do people think of this show? We may be interested in going?
Old Apr 29, 2007, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Platinum; Southwest A-List; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Explorist
Love

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
What do people think of this show? We may be interested in going?
I think you will get a variety of answers, but I REALLY liked this show. I've seen just about all of the big Vegas shows, and I have to say Love is my new favorite.

The music/sound is stunning (6000 speakers they say). This show is more artistic than the other Cirque shows. If you enjoy Beatles music, it will move you. I was very impressed.

Have Fun---
Old Apr 29, 2007, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
I'm not a big fan of Beatles songs but I enjoy listening to it. I've seen all the Cirque shows except for Zumanity and Love is my least favorite. IMHO the dancing/acrobatic acts are just not as good as the other shows.

Here is some additional info:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=571457
Old Apr 29, 2007, 12:01 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
I'm going to see it in two weeks ("O" Saturday night, "Love" Sunday night), I'll let you know how it was when I get back.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 1:00 pm

I have friends who are HUGE Beatles fans - they go all across the US (and even to England) for Beatles conventions.

They were here recently to see LOVE and they agreed it was one of the best shows they have ever seen. They tried to get tickets to see it again while they were here, but it was sold out.

Granted, none of them had ever seen a Cirque show before, so that might have something to do with it, but in any case, they are already making plans to return to Las Vegas and buy tickets to see the show again.

I also know a woman here and her son is one of the children in the show - she says it is always sold out and that Cirque is thrilled at the acclaim and rave reviews the show has received.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 7:00 pm

LOVE is excellent. I've seen it twice (including opening week), and I wouldn't hesitate to see it again. I can't imagine anyone not having a great time!
Old May 1, 2007, 8:58 am

Programs: Marriott: Platinum, AAdvantage: Gold
It was definitely fun and enjoyable, and I would definitely recommend it. It is also definitely different than other Cirque shows that we have seen. Less acrobatics, better music, and less weird stuff.
Old May 1, 2007, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYC girl
It is also definitely different than other Cirque shows that we have seen. Less acrobatics, better music, and less weird stuff.
This is actually kind of why I found it a bit boring (not being a big Beatles fan). But that's just me and I can understand why others would find it fantastic.
Old May 2, 2007, 3:20 am

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
It's the Beatles concert you never got to go to.

You get to listen to completely remixed Beatles, personally remixed from the original master recordings for this production by the original, legendary Beatles producer GEORGE MARTIN.

Aside from getting to listen to the Beatles through P.A. loudspeakers -- I'd have gladly paid just for that -- there are stereo speakers built into your headrest.

There are Cirque du Soleil performers who cartwheel and jump hither and yon, and they are OK, and the video effects are first-rate, but nothing compares to the music!

There are no bad seats. Suitable for all ages.

^ ^ ^ ^
Old May 2, 2007, 5:37 am

Programs: Marriott: Platinum, AAdvantage: Gold
Originally Posted by ijgordon
This is actually kind of why I found it a bit boring (not being a big Beatles fan). But that's just me and I can understand why others would find it fantastic.
I definitely missed the acrobatics as that is my favorite part of the Cirque shows, but I didn't miss the weird stuff.
Old May 2, 2007, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NYC girl
I definitely missed the acrobatics as that is my favorite part of the Cirque shows, but I didn't miss the weird stuff.
What weird stuff you keep going on about?

mike
Old May 4, 2007, 9:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
As a Beatles fan the music was excellent. The visual part of the show was inconsistent quality-wise. Some of it was interesting. Some of it just puzzled me. I was sitting near the back so that may have been part of the problem.
Old May 4, 2007, 5:43 pm

Not to put too fine a point on it, but it was horrible. Really, really bad for a Cirque du Soleil show. I love the Beatles music, and it could not save this show. The show is laid out terribly, the visuals are almost non existent, the music is blaring and poorly arranged and the whole thing is just really ill-conceived. I was completely stunned at this show. I believe I've seen 10 or 11 Cirque shows, almost all of them and this was by far the worst. If you have the option of seeing O, Mystere or even Zumanity (Ka isn't great either, skip that one) in Vegas, it would be a poor choice indeed to pick LOVE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.