Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated "Best Hotel/Best Hotel Room in Vegas" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by travelmad478
Doing a MR to LAS in the first half of December with a two-night midweek stay. I don't gamble, don't really care about a pool, don't need super fancy, but want to stay in a clean and pleasant place that's walkable (I don't plan to rent a car). There are shockingly cheap places available--well under $100/night, even counting resort fees--but are these places awful?

Here is what I am seeing and considering:

New York New York ($59/night)
Tropicana ($48/night)
Linq ($78/night)
Treasure Island ($64/night)
MGM Grand ($70/night)
Signature at MGM Grand ($95/night)
Monte Carlo ($44/night)

Thanks for any help you can offer. I have not been to Vegas since 1977, when I was ten years old
Originally Posted by thebat
I would do the Signature. These all have kitchens/living areas-rooms.. See if you can get the junior suite room, very nice for that price.
Travelmad478 asked about walkable. The walk to anywhere from the Signature will be lengthy. It's doable, but it's not very convenient. IMHO, from the listed places, the best deal is Monte Carlo.

The Signature rooms are certainly nicer - but I think it's debatable that it's worth twice the price relative to Monte Carlo.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:25 am

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Booking Bellagio

Seeking advice on booking Bellagio good people - are best rates achieved booking directly via their web site or through 3rd parties? Any suggestions for discount codes other than AAA? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NY NY

Looking at a FR-SU stay mid-January at the New York New York. Pretty much locked into that hotel (or anything very close), as friends stay there.
Where would one find/book for best rates?
TIA for any advise!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 5.0.1; XT1032 Build/LRX21Z.M002) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.93 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Looking at a FR-SU stay mid-January at the New York New York. Pretty much locked into that hotel (or anything very close), as friends stay there.
Where would one find/book for best rates?
TIA for any advise!
There is a sky bridge that connects NYNY to the MGM Grand - very easy to move between the two hotels without having to cross the Strip at street level.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:18 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 5.0.1; XT1032 Build/LRX21Z.M002) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.93 Mobile Safari/537.36)

There is a sky bridge that connects NYNY to the MGM Grand - very easy to move between the two hotels without having to cross the Strip at street level.
Actually, it is no longer possible to cross many of the main intersection Strip streets at street level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.