The Consolidated "Restaurant and bar reviews/recommendations/questions" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated "Restaurant and bar reviews/recommendations/questions" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2005, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Eiffel Tower is quite good with regard to food and view.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 7:09 am

I've always enjoyed the cellar restaurant at the Four Queens downtown. I know that sounds like a dive, but the place is nice and the food was excellent (and not nearly as expensive as some comparable strip places).
Old Aug 15, 2005, 7:10 am

Sorry...forgot to mention that if you want to stay on the strip, there is a very very nice restaurant (Michael's I think) at the Barbary Coast. I know that, too, seems like a dive, but this place is NICE.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 4:19 pm

If you take your DW to the Commodore's Palace, make sure they put you in the back room to the left. It has fabric hanging from the ceiling and a beautiful chandelier. They treat you so well. If you call before they will decorate your table and make it a special evening.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 6:14 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by kingalien
Jasmine Restaurant in Bellagio - Chinese food. The tables right along the windows give you a bird's eye view of the fountains but that is the smoking section of the restaurant. They do serve meat dishes and of course seafood. One specialty dish is the soya chilean sea bass, nicely done in a light soy sauce. Other usual chinese fare is available as well. Reservations is necessary if you want a view of the fountains.
I agree with the Jasmine recommendation. It is a beautiful restaurant, service is elegant and food is delicious. The menu has something for anyone's taste. Best of all, it will not cost a fortune. I far prefer Jasmine to Picasso which, although beautiful and has outstanding service, IMHO the food is disappointing and IIRC the portions were teeny. The prices are in the stratosphere.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 3:52 pm
Suspended

If want the best view of the fountains you must dine at Bellagio. Mon Ami Gabi ( and is not that good) is too low and across the street, The Eiffel Tower is better but also too far.
Best view in my opinion is at either at Circo or Jasmine ( also Le Cirque, but because of the small dining room you might need to reserve well in advance ) Circo IMHO is among the top three Italian eateries is Vegas and that would be my choice and I think the fountain view is bette.
With Rregards to eating outside depends on when you are visiting its likely to be too hot or too cold since the night temps can drop a lot in the desert.

mike
Old Aug 25, 2005, 4:48 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
With Regards to eating outside depends on when you are visiting its likely to be too hot or too cold since the night temps can drop a lot in the desert.

mike
Additionally, if the wind is coming from the wrong direction or too strong, they may close off outside dining. Also, you could end up getting soaked by a sudden gust!!
Old Aug 25, 2005, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by LHR Tim
Additionally, if the wind is coming from the wrong direction or too strong, they may close off outside dining. Also, you could end up getting soaked by a sudden gust!!
Actually if the wind picks up they close the fountains. When the wind is strong enough to move the water out of it's intended design and shape they close.

Which restaurant's at the Bellagio have outside dining? I've only found the outside bar at Fontana. I know they'll serve appetizers out there but I didn't think they would serve food.

I've tried the outside dining at Mon Ami Gabi and was completely unimpressed with both the food and the fountain view.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 9:19 am
Original Member

Olives has outside dining, and Prime and Picasso do sometimes, depending upon the season and whether private parties have booked the terraces.

QL
Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:56 am

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Circo IMHO is among the top three Italian eateries is Vegas and that would be my choice and I think the fountain view is bette.
We ate at Circo last night and thought it was fabulous. The service was great and the food very good. I was so impressed that I booked a party of 12 for next month.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
I would disagree, respectfully, with DelMonico.
I have had much better steaks at much better prices. My medium rib eye was still mooing when it came to my table. The desserts were also uninspired and I found the room far too noisy for fine dining.
DelMonicos is my favorite steakhouse in Vegas. Bone in Ribeye is the way to go.

I do like my steaks medium rare and they have always come that way...perfect. My wife likes her steaks medium well (nasty) but they do a good job with those also.

Its not cheap but not too bad for PRIME DRY AGED beef.

I've been to a handful of other steakhouses in Vegas and nothing comes even close.

annerj
Old Oct 4, 2005, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey thanks for posting the info about the former Wild Sage will be in Vegas over the New Years might try to fit it into my busy "chowing schedule"

mike

Staying anywhere good? A group of us will be there again this year over newyears...
Old Oct 4, 2005, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Lifetime Gold, UA LifetMarriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by annerj
DelMonicos is my favorite steakhouse in Vegas. Bone in Ribeye is the way to go.

I do like my steaks medium rare and they have always come that way...perfect. My wife likes her steaks medium well (nasty) but they do a good job with those also.

Its not cheap but not too bad for PRIME DRY AGED beef.

I've been to a handful of other steakhouses in Vegas and nothing comes even close.

annerj
I have dine at many steak houses, and I have to say DelMonicos at Las Vegas is really good, even better than Commanders Palace in New Orleans and almost as good as Peter Luger at Brooklyn.
If you ask your steak more than medium rare, you really can't taste the subtle difference between a prime dry age and a choice dry age steak.
I
Old Oct 5, 2005, 1:48 am
Original Member

Only Craftsteak and N9ne are possibly better than Delmonico, but there are a dozen other places you can get a great steak.

QL
Old Oct 5, 2005, 5:16 am

We dined at DelFrisco's this last weekend. I had a great ribeye.

M8

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.