Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Las Vegas Buffets - the best, worst, and questions" thread

Consolidated "Las Vegas Buffets - the best, worst, and questions" thread

Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:56 am

Programs: M&M
@ Jay71

If you like Sushi try the T.I. buffet. Been there and the sushi tastes like real sushi, not this kind of frozen sushi you get at every buffet. And for $20 it is cheaper than Wynn and the others. Give it a try. I was surprised.

Oliver
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:35 am

Portions of the post that previously appeared in this space have been deleted. I would provide you with a reason why, but doing so would likely be against the TOS.

Last edited by uncertaintraveler; Dec 22, 2008 at 10:30 am
Old Nov 21, 2006, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by OliverLHfan
@ Jay71

If you like Sushi try the T.I. buffet. Been there and the sushi tastes like real sushi, not this kind of frozen sushi you get at every buffet. And for $20 it is cheaper than Wynn and the others. Give it a try. I was surprised.

Oliver
Thanks, we'll have to see if we want to throw TI into the mix of potential options. However, sushi at the buffet isn't a key priority in the buffet we choose because we already get our regular fix of good (and cheap) sushi here in Vancouver. Still, it'd be nice to have a few good pieces amongst a nice selection of other items though.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
Had my first-ever LV buffet last month -- at the Palms. We only had salad. The salad was OK, but the rest of the stuff (except for the desserts) looked like it could come from a Hometown Buffet (it was priced about the same).
Old Nov 21, 2006, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Opus17-you picked one of my least favorite buffets in LV-and I could(if I wanted to)eat there for free.
The food is less than so/so-I usually go for the asian and middle eastern stuff-the soups are house made and are pretty good.
I usually do salad/soup If they have a middle eastern dish I will have a little of that and some Baklava.The Maloofs are middle eastern(Lebanonese?)and George and his mom do drop in once in a while.
But all in all-you should have eaten better.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 7:45 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
Thanks for the great feedback. The LVRJ link was very helpful. I have never used that site before.

Off to Vegas I go.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.

Last edited by nub2travel; Nov 22, 2006 at 7:52 am
Old Nov 22, 2006, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Opus17-you picked one of my least favorite buffets in LV-and I could(if I wanted to)eat there for free.
The food is less than so/so-I usually go for the asian and middle eastern stuff-the soups are house made and are pretty good.
I usually do salad/soup If they have a middle eastern dish I will have a little of that and some Baklava.The Maloofs are middle eastern(Lebanonese?)and George and his mom do drop in once in a while.
But all in all-you should have eaten better.
I pretty much avoid buffets at all cost -- but for the $7 the Palms charged (I was too lazy to get a comp for $14), a salad was about right. We didn't intend to eat more, and we didn't -- we had reservations at Aquanox that night (fully comped!).
Old Nov 23, 2006, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by opus17
...we had reservations at Aquanox that night (fully comped!).
Aquaknox is my favorite at Venetian. Hope you enjoyed it.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kingalien
Aquaknox is my favorite at Venetian. Hope you enjoyed it.
Our favorite, too. We go there at least once a trip, sometimes more.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 9:10 pm

Programs: USAir Preferred, Marriott Platinum
I've tried Aladdin...hated it.

Tried Excalibur....not impressed.

MGM....overly priced for nothing special

CircusCircus...

Rio....most disgusting of all I've tried.

I wanted to try Terribles last time we were in town, just cause they have the different themed nights and I thought that would be fun. We missed the one theme we wanted to try, so we never got over there for the others.

For me everywhere I've tried was on the same level as the nasty hometown buffet. I'd rather go to a good golden corral any day then anything I've had in Vegas...so far. I'm always up to trying a different one, I just havent found one that I like.

Last edited by Brutie; Nov 23, 2006 at 9:15 pm
Old Nov 23, 2006, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Originally Posted by Berki
Hi everybody,

since my preferred buffet, the "Carnival" at the Rio hotel is getting worse and worser, I would gather your opinions what's the best buffet now in Vegas.

Thanks,
Berki.
The Paris is excellent, and the Aladdin has good variety. My new favorite is the Wynn, which has excellent quality, particularly good desserts, but is a bit pricey. I think the Rio buffet is overrated, as is the Bellagio.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 1:07 am

Just got back from a couple of nights at the Wynn... We tried the buffet for dinner and were very very impressed. All you can eat Alaskan King Crab legs and Prime Rib...WOW!!! I would definitely recommend this buffet!!
Old Nov 25, 2006, 10:02 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by Brutie
I've tried Aladdin...hated it.

Tried Excalibur....not impressed.

MGM....overly priced for nothing special

CircusCircus...

Rio....most disgusting of all I've tried.

I wanted to try Terribles last time we were in town, just cause they have the different themed nights and I thought that would be fun. We missed the one theme we wanted to try, so we never got over there for the others.

For me everywhere I've tried was on the same level as the nasty hometown buffet. I'd rather go to a good golden corral any day then anything I've had in Vegas...so far. I'm always up to trying a different one, I just havent found one that I like.
Terribles is one of those buffets that is very healthy-for me at least-since the food is sooooooooooo nasty that there is little there for me to even think about eating.
Stop eating at the lowest of the buffets,spend a few bucks more,your stomach will thank you.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
If there's any priority for me in Vegas, it would be to head to the buffet lines. Dined in the buffets at Aladdin, Circus Circus, Dunes (now just a memory...), Excalibur, the Flamingo Hilton, Rio, and Stardust. I would have to say the Aladdin is my favorite. Loved the variety (never been a buffet with a Middle Eastern station!) though it was a bit of a mess to try to get into the crab line. Those that wanted to get a salad would have to get through the conga of all-you-can-eat crab craving gamblers. <<;;
Old Nov 26, 2006, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Wynn Sticker Shock

Wow, under the guise of a Thanksgiving special buffet dinner, price for the Wynn buffet was a staggering $42.95!!! Brunch was listed as $32.95. Want champagne with the brunch, $38.95 .

Went with a group of friends who had never been to Wynn's buffet and I was floored by the price. And there was nothing really different from the normal fare other than sliced (and dry) turkey with equally dry trimmings. Usual good dishes were available, meaty Alaskan King Crab, Osso Bucco, grilled lamb chops, rack of lamb, prime rib, etc. There was a pumpkin soup that was tasty, but the price really left a bad after taste.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.