Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated "Bellagio" thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Oh I forgot to follow up so here goes.

Stayed in Salone Suite 2 nts Sept 14 and 15 - originally booked for 3 nts - 13, 14 and 15 but SQ380 blew an engine on takeoff from NRT-LAX and we had to o/n in NRT - lost a whole day - called Bellagio and explained and they said would still hold booking for other 2 nts - I was totally expecting to have to pay for all 3 nts and claim on TI - but Bellagio waived pmt first nt and we only paid the 2 nts we actually stayed there.

Room itself was fabulous - huge room - totally huge bathroom - no view at all but no biggie. Cocktails each nt in the Baccarat Bar - staff were excellent - wifey was totally sick first morning we stayed there and room service / cleaning staff looked after her like she was their child - big thumbs up from us - given location we will definitely be staying again next Sept - hopefully Qantas 380 gets us there first go this time around.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:26 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Lines everywhere.
This is LV after all... the adult's version of WDW. Just get a NOIR card and no one will tell you to wait in line
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
This is LV after all... the adult's version of WDW.
The STRAIGHT adult version you mean.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
The STRAIGHT adult version you mean.
Vegas also caters to the not so straight. Any variety and budget.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
Vegas also caters to the not so straight. Any variety and budget.
Yeah I noticed...
Freakin BORING.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Just stayed at the Bellagio as a MLife Gold. Booked a basic resort room and received a basic resort room despite checking in at the priority check in and being promised upgrade upon availability with my status (actually they invited us in the VIP lounge typically reserved for Noir because there was a long line out front). I even did the $20 "trick" and was handed back my $20. Paid $30/night to upgrade to a stripview room which was located in the Spa tower. The first room we got was disgusting - missing toiletries, garbage in the nightstand safe, beds sunken in, etc. After sitting on a cracked toilet seat, I was done with this "Motel 6" caliber room and requested to be moved. 2nd room was much more in line with what I am expecting from a "nice" resort property - rooms on the 27th floor and above have larger windows and nicer furnishings and on par with expectations. All in all, I'm a bit surprised as we were expecting the experience similar to Venetian/Palazzo and Wynn/Encore, but Bellagio was not even close to that level.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hertz PC
Hi!

Just a brief question: Is it possible to book a 2 Bdr. Lakeview penthouse with virtuoso amenities or is this category excluded from the program?

Thanks
Wolf
Old Apr 15, 2017, 2:12 pm

FT User luxury booked us a very nice virtuoso arrangement with Aria (3× 2bdr penthouse strip view sky suites), including the virtuoso amenities.

I'd ask him!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:59 am

Would Las Vegas O Show at Bellagio Trigger CSR $300 Travel Credit?

Hello,
I tried searching but could not find the answer so I'm hoping someone can verify. My wife and I are going to Vegas next month and are interested in seeing O at the Bellagio. The Bellagio sells tickets direct on their site which has me curious if whether or not the CSR's $300 travel credit would cover the cost of the tickets. Does anyone have any knowledge if this will work or not? Thanks.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by tbotello
Hello,
I tried searching but could not find the answer so I'm hoping someone can verify. My wife and I are going to Vegas next month and are interested in seeing O at the Bellagio. The Bellagio sells tickets direct on their site which has me curious if whether or not the CSR's $300 travel credit would cover the cost of the tickets. Does anyone have any knowledge if this will work or not? Thanks.
Just for clarity, I assume OP is referring to the Chase Sapphire Reserve $300 travel credit.

Hopefully someone who has ordered tickets from Bellagio's website can comment on the purchase category, but I wouldn't be optimistic that it would fall under the hotel category or a travel category.

(Just to note - many years ago, all MGM-Mirage properties classified any on-property charges as hotel, even if the charge was from a restaurant, show, or nightlife - but they discontinued that practice some time ago.)
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: Virtuoso
Originally Posted by Wolf
Hi!

Just a brief question: Is it possible to book a 2 Bdr. Lakeview penthouse with virtuoso amenities or is this category excluded from the program?

Thanks
Wolf
Hi Wolf - you can get Virtuoso amenities on those rooms.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Surprised to find out that Bellagio changed its policy on Chairman's Lounge access for certain suites last month (December 2017). I believe that the Cypress Suite is now the lowest-level suite that gets Chairman's Lounge access included with the base price (although the precise hierarchy of Bellagio's suites has never been clear). All suites lower than that - including even the premier fountain-view penthouse suite - are no longer eligible and will be charged $150/night for Chairman's Lounge access. This also means no more airport transfers and no more separate check-in area.

Crazy to me that guests could pay $800+/night for a suite and not even get VIP check-in benefits - they'll just have to stand in the massive lines in the lobby with everyone else.

Bellagio hasn't been a luxury hotel in a very long time, but this one feels particularly nickel-and-dime-y.
nnn likes this.

Last edited by gengar; Jan 5, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:45 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by gengar
Surprised to find out that Bellagio changed its policy on Chairman's Lounge access for certain suites last month (December 2017). I believe that the Cypress Suite is now the lowest-level suite that gets Chairman's Lounge access included with the base price (although the precise hierarchy of Bellagio's suites has never been clear). All suites lower than that - including even the premier fountain-view penthouse suite - are no longer eligible and will be charged $150/night for Chairman's Lounge access. This also means no more airport transfers and no more separate check-in area.

Crazy to me that guests could pay $800+/night for a suite and not even get VIP check-in benefits - they'll just have to stand in the massive lines in the lobby with everyone else.

Bellagio hasn't been a luxury hotel in a very long time, but this one feels particularly nickel-and-dime-y.
If staying in a penthouse suite, which now does not come with Chairman's Lounge included as you said, any idea if one can still use the private elevators to the penthouse floors from the lounge without paying the $150/nt?

ETA: I got in touch with someone at the hotel, who confirmed that you do get to use the VIP elevators without paying the $150/nt, but you can't use the amenities in the lounge (obviously).

Last edited by nnn; Jan 22, 2018 at 3:28 pm
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by nnn
If staying in a penthouse suite, which now does not come with Chairman's Lounge included as you said, any idea if one can still use the private elevators to the penthouse floors from the lounge without paying the $150/nt?

ETA: I got in touch with someone at the hotel, who confirmed that you do get to use the VIP elevators without paying the $150/nt, but you can't use the amenities in the lounge (obviously).
Just to clarify (as there are several issues here that shouldn't be conflated):
  1. The south elevator bank to floors 29-36 is not really "private" - the floors are access-controlled by key card, but the elevator bank itself is open to the public - 24 hours a day.
  2. The lounge adjacent to that elevator bank is VIP check-in (for RFBL+ guests), not the Chairman's Lounge.
  3. Anyone with a room key for floors 29-36 can access the respective floor via that elevator bank. Access to that elevator bank has never been tied to access to VIP check-in or Chairman's Lounge.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 1:57 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by gengar
Just to clarify (as there are several issues here that shouldn't be conflated):
  1. The south elevator bank to floors 29-36 is not really "private" - the floors are access-controlled by key card, but the elevator bank itself is open to the public - 24 hours a day.
  2. The lounge adjacent to that elevator bank is VIP check-in (for RFBL+ guests), not the Chairman's Lounge.
  3. Anyone with a room key for floors 29-36 can access the respective floor via that elevator bank. Access to that elevator bank has never been tied to access to VIP check-in or Chairman's Lounge.
Thanks. Is there a passage into that 29-36 elevator bank from a non-lounge area? If so, where is it exactly? It's been a while since I was in there, so I can't recall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.