Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F1 Race Nov 16-18, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2022, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

F1 Race Nov 16-18, 2023

I want to go!!!! Hopefully I can score presale tickets via Amex. I'm sure rooms will be almost impossible to get (maybe my MGM Platinum status will help lol). Getting around the strip will be a nightmare, leading up to the race and after the race.

This may be the biggest event on the strip ever.

Last edited by Troopers; Oct 27, 2022 at 12:08 pm
Old Oct 27, 2022, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Before the dates were announced, I was considering hedging and booking on Airbnb - were some very reasonable apartments that weekend. They’re of course sky high now.

After much deliberation, will give it a miss. Think vegas will be too busy by far and gambling will be tricky. Besides, from London it’s easy for us to hit a number of Grand Prix without much effort.

The one time I’ve been in Vegas on NYE I swore to never be near it again when it’s that busy !
trooper likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Before the dates were announced, I was considering hedging and booking on Airbnb - were some very reasonable apartments that weekend. They’re of course sky high now.

After much deliberation, will give it a miss. Think vegas will be too busy by far and gambling will be tricky. Besides, from London it’s easy for us to hit a number of Grand Prix without much effort.

The one time I’ve been in Vegas on NYE I swore to never be near it again when it’s that busy !
how are you measuring busy?
Old Oct 27, 2022, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Drunk idiots everywhere and taking forever to get from A-B. Impossible to get on table games. That busy
corky and noiseboy like this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by Troopers
I want to go!!!! Hopefully I can score presale tickets via Amex. I'm sure rooms will be almost impossible to get (maybe my MGM Platinum status will help lol). Getting around the strip will be a nightmare, leading up to the race and after the race.

This may be the biggest event on the strip ever.
they had the nfl draft on the strip
they will have the super bowl…I think in 2024
they have very large conferences

an issue in this will be air travel. This is the weekend before thanksgiving. The weekend before the airfares skyrocket.

given the calendar,this weekend was expected. The weekend before is Veterans Day/ armistice day falling on a weekend. The weekend before that will be when clocks change. On one of those weekends will likely by the final weekend of NASCAR season so they don’t want this on the same weekend.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djp98374
they had the nfl draft on the strip
they will have the super bowl…I think in 2024
they have very large conferences
I'm in Vegas frequently so I have experienced large numbers. I expect this to be the biggest event in Vegas history. About 400k people attended F1 in Austin...if that's any indication, F1 Vegas will draw more people than large conferences, NFL draft and possibly the Super Bowl.
corky, SPN Lifer, nnn and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MGM sent me an email today letting me buy tickets for three days and rooms for the same period for $1900/night for Excalibur/NYNY/Luxor and over $2100 for other MGM hotels.

Caesars is just as costly.

EDIT: My MGM offers do include three days of race tickets but some CET offers can not include tickets.
radiolarian likes this.

Last edited by csufabel; Nov 13, 2022 at 3:58 pm
Old Nov 12, 2022, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by csufabel
MGM sent me an email today letting me buy tickets for three days and rooms for the same period for $1900/night for Excalibur/NYNY/Luxor and over $2100 for other MGM hotels.

Caesars is just as costly
I’m getting those emails, too.

The Venetian/Palazzo package is > $3,000.
csufabel likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 8:36 am

Bellagio's asking price is around $2,900 per night for a minimum 3 night stay. At least, they assure 2 tickets to the race. The seats will be in front of the Bellagio fountain, and I can just imagine the roar of those engines. Would have been awesome if these were the F1 engines from 20-30 years ago.

Would any F1 fans pay the asking price?
GregWTravels likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
I'm in Vegas frequently so I have experienced large numbers. I expect this to be the biggest event in Vegas history. About 400k people attended F1 in Austin...if that's any indication, F1 Vegas will draw more people than large conferences, NFL draft and possibly the Super Bowl.
Wow, didn't realize how big this event was. I'll stay home and watch on TV. Spend my would-be vacation money on an F1 bet on Fanduel instead.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 2:05 pm

Cota is probably the most affordable F1 race in the states.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 9:43 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Would love to make it over for the race. But my guess is that I won't be able to justify the cost.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 2:48 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
We have race tickets and the hotel booked, but we may bail on it. Trying to decide if it's really worth the insane cost.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nnn
We have race tickets and the hotel booked, but we may bail on it. Trying to decide if it's really worth the insane cost.
If you have already bought the tickets & were able to score a hotel rez at least you won't be a victim of last minute price gouging.
when I was there over Memorial day, the streets were already being torn up for what looks to be a very big deal. 6 months of preparation !
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I'm moving to Henderson in October. I don't usually host Airbnb but maybe I will just this once.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.