Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

F1 Race Nov 16-18, 2023

F1 Race Nov 16-18, 2023

Old Oct 3, 2023, 9:19 am

F1 track

Originally Posted by corky
I know of a crosswalk to Caesar further down...like Harrahs or Linq. I dont think there is one at Cromwell. Pedestrian bridges have the usual construction, escalators not working etc. I don't think more than usual. Street level crosswalk to go to Cosmo & Bellagio was open but i am sure it wont be close to the race. When are you going ?
Actually, the Track straightaway passes the Cosmo to Bellagio crosswalk. It makes the turn at Harmon, past Cosmo.
corky likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 11:50 am

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
I know of a crosswalk to Caesar further down...like Harrahs or Linq. I dont think there is one at Cromwell. Pedestrian bridges have the usual construction, escalators not working etc. I don't think more than usual. Street level crosswalk to go to Cosmo & Bellagio was open but i am sure it wont be close to the race. When are you going ?
You're right - there is a pedestrian bridge in front of Cromwell but not a street level crosswalk. We're going at the end of October. I'm hoping crosswalks and pedestrian bridges are still usable; we're at Harrahs and friends will be at Caesars.
corky likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 12:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
Just received another offer from Venetian: $379/night Friday and Saturday nights on race weekend.
corky likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am curious---any FTers there? What's it like?
Visconti likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 9:28 pm

Me too. I was planning to be there, but have to leave next week day after Thanksgiving and scheduling was too tight. Perhaps, will try next year when we'll hopefully have better pricing.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 11:14 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by Visconti
Me too. I was planning to be there, but have to leave next week day after Thanksgiving and scheduling was too tight. Perhaps, will try next year when we'll hopefully have better pricing.
I think an issue in this is having it the weekend before thxgvg where air travel will be much higher is the problem.
corky likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 12:33 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
We were there, in the main grandstand. We bought our tickets in the original sale. We had been to an F1 race before, so it wasn't a totally new experience. I had buyer's remorse for months about buying the tickets (family of four), since they were so expensive and I felt the value wasn't going to be there. But now that it's happened, I'll say the race was actually quite fun and I'm glad we went. The event was put on quite well. There was a lot of help inside the grounds, very short lines for food and drink, no queue to get inside, etc. My only complaint about the organization (and I'm not alone in this view) is that the walking routes outside the property were a disaster and very poorly thought out. That being said, I still think it was overpriced, and while my wife was pushing to go again next year, I don't think it's worth the price.
pseudoswede, corky and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nnn
That being said, I still think it was overpriced, and while my wife was pushing to go again next year, I don't think it's worth the price.
It sounds like picking up tickets close-in on the secondary market is probably the best way forward--if you're not too picky on where you want to sit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.