Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

MGM Properties Daily Food Credit: must use everyday or a credit at checkout?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2022, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

I'm looking at several MGM properties that come with rates that say $50 daily food credit. How does this work?
1) The $50 food credit is daily use it or lose it, that means if you have a 3-night stay, and you only charge $150 of food on the 2nd day, you get $50 off
2) The $50 food credit is cumulative use, that means if you have a 3-night stay, and you only charge $150 of food on the 2nd day, you get the $150 off
Old Aug 27, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I've booked rooms with F&B credit at MGM properties several times. The one thing that I can say is to read very carefully the terms and conditions of the specific offer you're booking.

As an example, on one occasion, the food and beverage credit had to be used prior to midnight or would vanish. On a different one-night stay, the F&B credit became available only at midnight, so I could only use it for breakfast the next day.

Those are just two examples of experiences I've had. Don't ask here on FlyerTalk; read the terms of conditions of you specific offer. In my experience, credits are applied automatically every day by the computer (which you can confirm on the in-room TV), but I cannot say how flexible the front desk is in adjusting the credits at checkout.
csufabel likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
As above, carefully check the details of the offer or rate you are booking. Typically, the $50 food credit is not cumulative and the first day's credit credit starts from when you check in and ends at midnight and is not available the morning you checkout. You should not expect the front desk to be helpful in applying unused credits to other days. For example see this rate at ParkMGM:
$50 Daily F&B CreditTreat yourself with $50 in food and beverage credit, per night.

Whatever you're craving, MGM Resorts has you covered. Enjoy $50 in food and beverage credit for each night of your stay. Use your credit at select participating outlets across MGM Resorts Las Vegas destinations. For full details on where to use your credit, click here. See terms & conditions below for details.* Offer Code: TDFBP

Offer limited to a daily $50 food and beverage credit per room, for each night of your stay. Food & Beverage credit is valid only towards food and drink at select and/or designated MGM Resorts Las Vegas destinations. Outlets and outlet hours of operation are subject to availability and/or closures. The daily Food & Beverage credit becomes available upon check-in. Daily Food & Beverage credit will not be given and is not valid for use on the day of your checkout. A daily Food & Beverage credit is valid only for a calendar day subject to these Terms and Conditions. Unused daily Food & Beverage credit for a calendar day does not accumulate or carry-over to a subsequent calendar day. Unused daily Food & Beverage credit will be forfeited. To redeem your Food & Beverage credit, a valid major credit card must be presented upon check-in and, at the outlet, you will be required to charge food and beverage to your room during your stay. Any additional charges will be the responsibility of the guest at check-out and will be applied to the credit card on file. Daily Food & Beverage credit has no cash value and will only be applied to applicable charges on the room folio at time of check-out. Early departures forfeit offer inclusions for non-stay nights. The Food & Beverage credit can be used towards food and beverage and applicable sales tax, but cannot be used toward gratuities. Blackout dates may apply. Hotel reservations made by phone are subject to higher rate. A daily resort fee will be added to your room account, which includes select hotel amenities. Your deposit is refundable if reservation is cancelled prior to the deadline set forth in the reservation summary on the booking page. Guests must be at least 21 years of age to check in. Offers are subject to promotional availability; blackout dates apply and are not available to groups or persons attending meetings or conventions. Not available for existing or consecutive reservations. Nightly rates are 10% commissionable to valid IATA, ARC, CLIA, and TRUE/OSSN travel agency. This offer is non-transferable and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. We are unable to guarantee certain room requests and locations; however, a sincere effort will be made to accommodate your needs. Management reserves the right to cancel or change this promotion at its discretion without prior notice. MGM Resorts International offers GameSense information to its patrons to encourage responsible gaming at mgmresorts.com/gamesense (in MA at gamesensema.com). If you or someone you know has a gambling problem or concerns with gambling responsibly, please call the 24-hour Problem Gambler's Helpline at 1.800.522.4700, or call 1.800.GAMBLER (in New Jersey and Maryland), 1.800.426.1234 (in Massachusetts), 1.800.270.7117 (in Michigan), 1.877.8HopeNY (in New York), or 1.800.589.9966 (in Ohio). Or visit mdgamblinghelp.org (in MD), mahelpline.org/problemgambling (in MA), or org.ohio.gov (in Ohio) for help. Please play responsibly. If you bet more than you can afford to lose, you've got a problem. All rights reserved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.