Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question About LAS (Harry Reid) Departure Gates/Terminals

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2022, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Question About LAS (Harry Reid) Departure Gates/Terminals

I have a flight leaving tomorrow from Terminal 3 but in the D gates (satellite terminal). My friend has a flight leaving around the same time from Terminal 1 from the D gates (same satellite terminal). Can we both use security in the same Terminal (1 or 3) and proceed to the gates together or are we likely to get sent to our ticketed terminal for security? Assume we're both already checked in?

Thanks
Old May 14, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
You should be able to do that if you aren’t checking bags. The difference in the terminals in airline check in and bag claim.
Old May 15, 2022, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djp98374
You should be able to do that if you aren’t checking bags. The difference in the terminals in airline check in and bag claim.
thanks for your reply. we both used security at terminal 1 and had no issues
Dr_wanderlust likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Next time, use Terminal 3 if you have no checked bags. It's newer, cleaner, quieter, and 100% free of that hideous '80s blue carpet that looks like it hasn't been cleaned since the 20th century.
Yahtzee likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Next time, use Terminal 3 if you have no checked bags. It's newer, cleaner, quieter, and 100% free of that hideous '80s blue carpet that looks like it hasn't been cleaned since the 20th century.
That's only because it hasn't.

David
Old May 17, 2022, 5:52 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I've only used T1 at LAS and D gates since I fly with AA or DL.
Why would they have D gates for both T1 and T3--couldn't that cause confusion for some pax.
Old May 17, 2022, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nrr
Why would they have D gates for both T1 and T3--couldn't that cause confusion for some pax.
All D gates exist in a satellite gate area. The D gates are accessible by tram from either T1 or T3.

T3 is newer, nicer, a shorter tram ride to the D gates, and less crowded.

You can access any D gate from T3. I fly AA and DL and don't use T1 to fly out of LAS unless I have a bag to check.
Old May 17, 2022, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by nrr
I believe United checkin is terminal 3 but gates are in D. I usually use terminal 3 when flying AA with no checked luggage since the tsa lines are usually shorter at T3 and T3 has less drop off traffic.
DenverBrian likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Hey all,

Sorry for bumping this old thread, didn’t want to start a new one.

I am departing from LAS on Air Canada who uses T3 and the E gates. I have access to Centurion and United lounges and also have priority pass for The Club lounge. Is it worth me going to the D gates for one of those other lounges or should I stay at the one in the E gates? Haven’t been to LAS for quite some time so not familiar with the quality and setup of the lounges.

Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TheViperOne
Hey all,

I am departing from LAS on Air Canada who uses T3 and the E gates. I have access to Centurion and United lounges and also have priority pass for The Club lounge. Is it worth me going to the D gates for one of those other lounges or should I stay at the one in the E gates? Haven’t been to LAS for quite some time so not familiar with the quality and setup of the lounges.

Thanks
Isn't the Club Lounge open in T3?
Old Nov 26, 2022, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by notanothersegment
thanks for your reply. we both used security at terminal 1 and had no issues
Next time, I'd suggest using terminal 3. I normally fly on a terminal 1 airline with D gates but use terminal 3 for arrival and departure. Terminal 3 dropoff is much less crowded, TSA lines are shorter, the walk to/from the gate is shorter, and the terminal 3 bathrooms are newer and cleaner.
DenverBrian likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey all,

Thanks
Worth it. Tram from E to D gates is very short, perhaps 30-40 seconds.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 8:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Worth it. Tram from E to D gates is very short, perhaps 30-40 seconds.
Thanks a lot. Actually my AC flight left from the D gates. It appears that AC widebody flights leave from the D gates and narrowbody ones leave from the E gates so I was where I was supposed to be! We hit up the Centurion lounge.
DenverBrian likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks a lot. Actually my AC flight left from the D gates. It appears that AC widebody flights leave from the D gates and narrowbody ones leave from the E gates so I was where I was supposed to be! We hit up the Centurion lounge.
Centurion is by far the best lounge at LAS.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
I have found Breeze Airways flight info showing they arrive into D gates (D4 specifically, haven't seen other than that). Does anyone know where their baggage claim is located? Terminal 1 or 3?
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.