Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

Best T1 Security Checkpoint for 8am Flight (C gates)

Old Sep 8, 19, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Location: LAX/BUR/SJC/SFO/MMH: Thousand Oaks, Sunnyvale and Mammoth Lakes
Programs: SWA A-list, TSA Pre

I will most likely be departing LAS from the C gates. It looks like there are three checkpoints that will get me there (excluding the one in T3):
  1. The checkpoint for A/B gates with a decent walk
  2. The checkpoint at the tram station for C/D gates
  3. A separate checkpoint for C gates
Do all of these checkpoints have PreCheck? Which one is likely to be the least busy around 6:30am on a Tuesday?
Old Sep 8, 19, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by DataJunkie View Post
I will most likely be departing LAS from the C gates. It looks like there are three checkpoints that will get me there (excluding the one in T3):
  1. The checkpoint for A/B gates with a decent walk
  2. The checkpoint at the tram station for C/D gates
  3. A separate checkpoint for C gates
Do all of these checkpoints have PreCheck? Which one is likely to be the least busy around 6:30am on a Tuesday?
According to the McCarran site, yes, and all will be open by 6:30am

https://www.mccarran.com/security

Don't know about the wait times, but probably not too bad at that hour on a Tuesday regardless. I'm assuming from "most likely C" that you're on WN. If you're checking a bag or visiting the ticket counter for any reason you'll be closer to the C Annex checkpoint. Otherwise I'd just use whichever one is closer to your gate. A/B to C is a bit of a walk so depending how fast you walk it'd have to be a big differential before it'd be worth going to the "wrong" one.
Old Sep 16, 19, 10:53 am

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
I prefer the annex checkpoint for the WN B gates and high C gates (C23-24-25) and the tram checkpoint for anything else on C (C1-C22.) I don't care for the rather narrow corridor that runs from C25-C23 down towards the rest of C, so unless i'm in or out of one of those gates, I prefer to take the tram. Have never noticed a difference in wait time for Pre.

Search this Thread