Wynn / Encore completely eliminate parking charges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir

Forgot to post this earlier. As per: https://lasvegassun.com/news/2019/ap...g-without-res/
Wynn Resorts will allow free self-parking for everyone at its Strip properties without restrictions starting [May 1st].
This follows the change last June to stop charging hotel guests for parking and allow validation for visitors given sufficient spend. Good that they're getting rid of it entirely.

I don't hold out much hope that other properties that charge for parking will change their policies. An exec at Cosmo earlier this year mentioned that charging for parking simply doesn't align with the guest experience they want to provide, but they'll continue to be forced to charge so long as such nearby properties charge.
easy_money likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
I agree. I highly doubt other properties will stop charging for parking. But it really doesn't cost much to get comped parking. I believe the parking charges affect locals more than anyone. Resort fees are more PITA than parking fees IMO. Nonetheless, I hope others will follow after Wynn eliminating parking fees.

*Edit - To add, I think Cosmo stopped charging guests for parking at at the beginning of the year.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by easy_money
*Edit - To add, I think Cosmo stopped charging guests for parking at at the beginning of the year.
That's correct for both self-park and valet, although Cosmo marketed it as being part of the resort fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.