Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

McCarran Airport bus to luggage?

McCarran Airport bus to luggage?

Old Apr 9, 19, 3:48 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 70
McCarran Airport bus to luggage?

Hi All,
We are flying to Vegas this Saturday via American Airlines from LAX to McCarran. A friend told me that after landing we have to take a shuttle monorail type to get to our luggage. Is this true? Will we have to take a specific one or just hop on and it will stop where we need to retrieve our luggage?
Thank you
lindalogan is offline  
Old Apr 9, 19, 3:56 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: duh!
Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*
Posts: 3,124
When you deplane, just follow the signs to baggage claim. They will lead to you the monorail, and it will stop at the central baggage claim area.
DavidDTW is offline  
Old Apr 9, 19, 4:19 pm
  #3  
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,534
Moving thread to the FT Las Vegas Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
obscure2k is offline  
Old Apr 9, 19, 8:22 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: CEB & LAS
Programs: CX GO, TSA Pre✓ Afflictions: TSASS
Posts: 731
Yes this is true, and DavidDTW has it correct. Just follow the signs to baggage claim. Monorail trips go directly to baggage claim, no need to change any trains or choose which stop to get off.

It's all very easy and low-stress.
RevJim is offline  
Old Apr 9, 19, 10:04 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: LAS TPE HND LHR
Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Posts: 5,406
Originally Posted by lindalogan View Post
Hi All,
We are flying to Vegas this Saturday via American Airlines from LAX to McCarran. A friend told me that after landing we have to take a shuttle monorail type to get to our luggage. Is this true? Will we have to take a specific one or just hop on and it will stop where we need to retrieve our luggage?
Thank you
While it is easy, OP will have to get on the correct tram from D Gates. In this case, as AA does ground handling in T1, it is the "Blue Line" tram to T1.
gengar is offline  
Old Apr 10, 19, 10:58 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by gengar View Post
While it is easy, OP will have to get on the correct tram from D Gates. In this case, as AA does ground handling in T1, it is the "Blue Line" tram to T1.
So just follow signs for AA?
lindalogan is offline  
Old Apr 10, 19, 12:01 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Prince Edward Island
Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, Mlife Pearl, Caesar's Diamond
Posts: 1,477
Originally Posted by lindalogan View Post
So just follow signs for AA?
Yep, here's a picture of the sign (as mentioned, AA is blue line). Everything is color-coded (red or blue), so very easy to follow.
Low Roller is offline  
Old Apr 10, 19, 4:02 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by Low Roller View Post
Yep, here's a picture of the sign (as mentioned, AA is blue line). Everything is color-coded (red or blue), so very easy to follow.
Thank you
lindalogan is offline  
Old Jan 2, 20, 12:34 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 70
Alaska this time

Originally Posted by Low Roller View Post
Yep, here's a picture of the sign (as mentioned, AA is blue line). Everything is color-coded (red or blue), so very easy to follow.
Hi This time we are flying Alaska from LAX. So I assume I follow the Red tram this time. My confusion is that it mentions "connecting flights" on the image. We are not taking any flights. Just want our baggage. Thanks

Last edited by lindalogan; Jan 2, 20 at 12:37 pm Reason: forget something
lindalogan is offline  
Old Jan 2, 20, 1:10 pm
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 70
Also was wondering about Uber. Once we retrieve our luggage where do we go for an Uber? Thanks
lindalogan is offline  
Old Jan 2, 20, 1:25 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: LAS TPE HND LHR
Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Posts: 5,406
Originally Posted by lindalogan View Post
Hi This time we are flying Alaska from LAX. So I assume I follow the Red tram this time. My confusion is that it mentions "connecting flights" on the image. We are not taking any flights. Just want our baggage. Thanks
You won't need to take a tram as AS operates and does ground handling out of T3 (technically operating out of Concourse E, but it's the same physical building).

That's why the sign in your picture says "connecting flights", because it's a sign meant for people arriving at Concourse D who would have to take the tram to connect to an AS flight.

Originally Posted by lindalogan View Post
Also was wondering about Uber. Once we retrieve our luggage where do we go for an Uber? Thanks
Uber pickup at T3 is in the parking garage. Follow the signage; you'll go up an escalator or elevator, then across the bridge to the parking garage, then take the elevator down one level to level "V", the valet level.

Last edited by gengar; Jan 2, 20 at 1:31 pm
gengar is offline  
Old Jan 2, 20, 1:51 pm
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by gengar View Post
You won't need to take a tram as AS operates and does ground handling out of T3 (technically operating out of Concourse E, but it's the same physical building).

That's why the sign in your picture says "connecting flights", because it's a sign meant for people arriving at Concourse D who would have to take the tram to connect to an AS flight.



Uber pickup at T3 is in the parking garage. Follow the signage; you'll go up an escalator or elevator, then across the bridge to the parking garage, then take the elevator down one level to level "V", the valet level.
Thank you and another stupid question here: Since we do not take the tram, I assume there will be signs to walk to baggage claim?
Thanks again

Last edited by lindalogan; Jan 2, 20 at 1:54 pm Reason: forgot a sentence
lindalogan is offline  
Old Jan 2, 20, 2:25 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: LAS TPE HND LHR
Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Posts: 5,406
Originally Posted by lindalogan View Post
Thank you and another stupid question here: Since we do not take the tram, I assume there will be signs to walk to baggage claim?
Thanks again
The baggage claim is accessible from down escalators across from gates E11/12 and E9. They're not that obvious from a distance but there are signs.
gengar is offline  
Old Jan 2, 20, 4:49 pm
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by gengar View Post
The baggage claim is accessible from down escalators across from gates E11/12 and E9. They're not that obvious from a distance but there are signs.
Thank you
lindalogan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: