Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

McCarran Airport bus to luggage?

Old Apr 9, 19, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,
We are flying to Vegas this Saturday via American Airlines from LAX to McCarran. A friend told me that after landing we have to take a shuttle monorail type to get to our luggage. Is this true? Will we have to take a specific one or just hop on and it will stop where we need to retrieve our luggage?
Thank you
Old Apr 9, 19, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*
When you deplane, just follow the signs to baggage claim. They will lead to you the monorail, and it will stop at the central baggage claim area.
Old Apr 9, 19, 4:19 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to the FT Las Vegas Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Apr 9, 19, 8:22 pm

Programs: CX GO, TSA Pre✓ Afflictions: TSASS
Yes this is true, and DavidDTW has it correct. Just follow the signs to baggage claim. Monorail trips go directly to baggage claim, no need to change any trains or choose which stop to get off.

It's all very easy and low-stress.
Old Apr 9, 19, 10:04 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Originally Posted by lindalogan View Post
Hi All,
We are flying to Vegas this Saturday via American Airlines from LAX to McCarran. A friend told me that after landing we have to take a shuttle monorail type to get to our luggage. Is this true? Will we have to take a specific one or just hop on and it will stop where we need to retrieve our luggage?
Thank you
While it is easy, OP will have to get on the correct tram from D Gates. In this case, as AA does ground handling in T1, it is the "Blue Line" tram to T1.
Old Apr 10, 19, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gengar View Post
While it is easy, OP will have to get on the correct tram from D Gates. In this case, as AA does ground handling in T1, it is the "Blue Line" tram to T1.
So just follow signs for AA?
Old Apr 10, 19, 12:01 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, Mlife Pearl, Caesar's Diamond
So just follow signs for AA?
Yep, here's a picture of the sign (as mentioned, AA is blue line). Everything is color-coded (red or blue), so very easy to follow.
Old Apr 10, 19, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Low Roller View Post
Yep, here's a picture of the sign (as mentioned, AA is blue line). Everything is color-coded (red or blue), so very easy to follow.
Thank you
Old Jan 2, 20, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Alaska this time

Originally Posted by Low Roller View Post
Hi This time we are flying Alaska from LAX. So I assume I follow the Red tram this time. My confusion is that it mentions "connecting flights" on the image. We are not taking any flights. Just want our baggage. Thanks

Last edited by lindalogan; Jan 2, 20 at 12:37 pm Reason: forget something
Old Jan 2, 20, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Also was wondering about Uber. Once we retrieve our luggage where do we go for an Uber? Thanks
Old Jan 2, 20, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Hi This time we are flying Alaska from LAX. So I assume I follow the Red tram this time. My confusion is that it mentions "connecting flights" on the image. We are not taking any flights. Just want our baggage. Thanks
You won't need to take a tram as AS operates and does ground handling out of T3 (technically operating out of Concourse E, but it's the same physical building).

That's why the sign in your picture says "connecting flights", because it's a sign meant for people arriving at Concourse D who would have to take the tram to connect to an AS flight.

Also was wondering about Uber. Once we retrieve our luggage where do we go for an Uber? Thanks
Uber pickup at T3 is in the parking garage. Follow the signage; you'll go up an escalator or elevator, then across the bridge to the parking garage, then take the elevator down one level to level "V", the valet level.

Last edited by gengar; Jan 2, 20 at 1:31 pm
Old Jan 2, 20, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

You won't need to take a tram as AS operates and does ground handling out of T3 (technically operating out of Concourse E, but it's the same physical building).

That's why the sign in your picture says "connecting flights", because it's a sign meant for people arriving at Concourse D who would have to take the tram to connect to an AS flight.

Uber pickup at T3 is in the parking garage. Follow the signage; you'll go up an escalator or elevator, then across the bridge to the parking garage, then take the elevator down one level to level "V", the valet level.
Thank you and another stupid question here: Since we do not take the tram, I assume there will be signs to walk to baggage claim?
Thanks again

Last edited by lindalogan; Jan 2, 20 at 1:54 pm Reason: forgot a sentence
Old Jan 2, 20, 2:25 pm

Thank you and another stupid question here: Since we do not take the tram, I assume there will be signs to walk to baggage claim?
Thanks again
The baggage claim is accessible from down escalators across from gates E11/12 and E9. They're not that obvious from a distance but there are signs.
Old Jan 2, 20, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

The baggage claim is accessible from down escalators across from gates E11/12 and E9. They're not that obvious from a distance but there are signs.
Thank you

Search this Thread
Search Engine: