Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

T3 International Arrivals

Old Mar 31, 19, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Plat., UA, NZ

I fly out of T3 all the time, but only domestically. I've walked clear from one end of the terminal to the other, and noticed there's no walled-off corridor where passengers from international arrivals would be funneled into the customs hall. How does this actually work? The McCarran website only says that passengers will be directed to Level 0. Do they just setup ropes and man them with TSA or other security officers during the arrival times? Or have I missed something in the airport layout?
Old Mar 31, 19, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by BbTrumpet View Post
I fly out of T3 all the time, but only domestically. I've walked clear from one end of the terminal to the other, and noticed there's no walled-off corridor where passengers from international arrivals would be funneled into the customs hall. How does this actually work? The McCarran website only says that passengers will be directed to Level 0. Do they just setup ropes and man them with TSA or other security officers during the arrival times? Or have I missed something in the airport layout?

Hi,

Straight after leaving the international arriving aircraft andgetting up the jetbridge ( British Airways for me), you head down escalators ( separated by glass walls/doors from the departing side pax with the shops) then a long passage way to Immigration /baggge reclaim and customs. No ropes present (the route is obvious when you arrive off the aircraft ( only route you can go ) but not that obvious if you are looking at it from airside- but then you are just looking for the jetbridge to board the departing aircraft

Not sure if there are some gates at T3 for domestic arrivals only (the later BA flight usually leaves from E3

Love coming into the USA at LAS as usually at the time the BA flight lands immigration is virtually empty and you are processed quickly.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Mar 31, 19 at 3:46 am
Old Mar 31, 19, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I'll have to walk down to E3 and see the setup again. I wonder if there's only 1-2 gates that can accommodate international arrivals then? I usu. come in on E9 - 11, and there is definitely no special setup there, just walk across the terminal to the baggage escalators.
Old Mar 31, 19, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Looking at Mccaran arrivals, it looks like the international arrivals ( ie London.Manchester Mexico, Seoul) are using E1-E7

Canadian flights are using E7-E11 but they will be precleared so pax can go straight into the terminal so the set up could be diferent. ( looks like E7 can deal with both)

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 2, 19, 12:32 am

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
The LAS immigration/customs area is one level down from the departures gate area on the east side of T3. Gates E1-E7 can be configured for domestic arrivals with the departure gate doors open (so arriving passengers can enter the T3 departures area) or those doors can be closed and arriving passengers are forced down escalators to the CBP area after deplaning. Gates E8-E15 on the west side of T3 don't have this layout. That's why, as The_Banking_Scot observed, international flights only arrive at Gates E1-E7.

There are only three escalators that go down to the CBP area (not one per gate); Gates E1 and E2 share one escalator, Gates E3 and E4 share one escalator, and Gates E5-E7 all share one elevator. IIRC, the escalator areas are behind big walls so they are harder to see from the departure area, which is why OP may not have noticed them.
Old Apr 6, 19, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Ok, I flew out of T3 again today so had to see for myself. Everything said above made sense but I couldn't picture how it actually works.

There is a small glassed-off hallway which runs lengthwise along the outside wall of the terminal, just in front of where the jetbridge connects, so that arriving pax don't have access to the general departure area (unless the doors are opened). These hallways (one each for E1-E2, E3-E4, and E5-E7 as @gengar described) connect to the aforementioned elevators. Orange signs point downward to CBP area.

I'd overlooked this hallway before, it's a fairly unobtrusive setup. So, thanks all. Pedantic curiosity satisfied.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: