extra person in room

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

extra person in room

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
extra person in room

Looking to book Park MGM. Planning to book queen room (2 bed). I noticed the rates are noticeably higher for 3 guest instead of 2. Can we get away booking for 2 guest but having 3 ppl stay? 3rd is my 21yo son....

I know over seas hotel are stickers... but most don't care in the US.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the hotel has an extra person charge or charges more for higher room occupancy, you should pay the stated rate for three adults if there will be three adults in the room. Age 21 cannot even be excused as a child, although what sort of example do you want to set for the kid?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
you have a right to set your own example.
What kind of example is the hotel setting charging $37 a day for some crappy resort fee? resort fee for what? internet? gym?
That is where I get my example from. If they gouge you, you have a right to gouge them back.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Is the hotel part of a major hotel loyalty program? Sometimes certain membership levels let one guest be added for free. Hilton, etc.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Looking to book Park MGM. Planning to book queen room (2 bed). I noticed the rates are noticeably higher for 3 guest instead of 2. Can we get away booking for 2 guest but having 3 ppl stay? 3rd is my 21yo son....

I know over seas hotel are stickers... but most don't care in the US.
I wouldn't sweat it. I don't think the Bed Police will be raiding you.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I’m sure no one will notice as long as you can get by with two keys.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
On the contrary, people pull frauds like this in LAS all the time and properties bonus the cleaning crew to report back. Whether that happens here is not a question I would call in and ask. A decent shot the property voids the rate and bills it at the full rack rate if it does react. That will be a lot more expensive than sneaking a 21 YOA in a suitcase or whatever.

This is all about risk tolerance for OP.

Not sure what the resort fee has to do with this as OP apparently knows of it and is willing to pay it.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Resort fee is not an option. They all have it on the strip. Is around $40 for using internet and gym for this property. Does not incl parking. Is like the airline scam of bag fees. Resort fee is per day.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:46 pm

If you book the room via MLife VIP services (for Pearl and up?), they waive the extra guest fee. I'm pretty familiar with the Park MGM. While anything is possible, I guess, they couldn't care less about an extra guest or two. I mean, this property doesn't even want human check in and push everyone to use the self check in computer kiosks.
hotelfanatic likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Using Hyatt booking, I was able to book up to 4 guest without incurring any additional guest fees.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Haha. I would imagine that in Vegas the room is quite often occupied by one person more than what was booked!
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Often1
On the contrary, people pull frauds like this in LAS all the time and properties bonus the cleaning crew to report back. Whether that happens here is not a question I would call in and ask. A decent shot the property voids the rate and bills it at the full rack rate if it does react. That will be a lot more expensive than sneaking a 21 YOA in a suitcase or whatever.

This is all about risk tolerance for OP.

Not sure what the resort fee has to do with this as OP apparently knows of it and is willing to pay it.
This is a fraud? Not so long ago we fit 7 people into one room for $19 a night at the I.P. No questions asked. Had a nice view of the dumpster area.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
OP, you should be fine. It's Vegas. More often than not, there's usually more people occupied in the room than stated.

Also, I see that you're a Globalist. Have you tier matched to MLIFE Gold yet? If you haven't, you get around 20% off base rate of rooms and also get to use the Gold and/or Invited Guest check-in line. You also would get a better chance of getting your resort fee waived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.