Security measure problem at Las Vegas

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Security measure problem at Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:29 pm
Suspended

I wouldn't mind so much about the housekeeping thing if it wasn't for the fact they seem to only do it (relatively) early. If I want to sleep in til 1-2pm then go out, I'll be interrupted. Especially in a town like Vegas where you stay up late, it's annoying.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Been here since Friday and the DND sign has kept housekeeping and security away ftom my room.

No visible signs of enhanced security anywhere, either by design, or failure.

On the street, other than hundreds of anti-vehicle barrier posts along sidewalks......it seems calm.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by KDS777
Been here since Friday and the DND sign has kept housekeeping and security away ftom my room.

No visible signs of enhanced security anywhere, either by design, or failure.

On the street, other than hundreds of anti-vehicle barrier posts along sidewalks......it seems calm.
If you're seeing temporary ones, they're there for the upcoming New Year's Eve revelry. That's typical every year and not an indication of anything special this year.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There will be hundreds of thousands of people on that street a week from now--they always make preparations.

It's possible the vehicle barriers are separate from that, though--we did have a lunatic that deliberately hit some pedestrians.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
These are the steel posts implanted in concrete........like you see outside of a liquor or electronics store to prevent smash and grab robberies.......definitely not temporary at all.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
These are the steel posts implanted in concrete........like you see outside of a liquor or electronics store to prevent smash and grab robberies.......definitely not temporary at all.
A lot of cities are installing these. Boulder, CO just added them along the Pearl Street Mall.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: Delta
That's due to the crazy lady a couple of years ago who plowed into the sidewalk, killing .... [can't remember exact number].
The temporary ones look like elongated bike racks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.