Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

Booking Cirque Du Soleil Shows

Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:12 am
Original Poster

We are having a family gathering early next year and everyone wants to see several shows. What is the best way to book and get tickets? If I use the C of S website, then how do we pick up or get the tickets?

Or should I call the 800 number and book? How do we get tickets that way?

Don't want to spend the money on 8 tickets and not get them!

P.S. Been a few years since we've been to Vegas so not sure of the ticketing these days.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Not sure what the C of S site is...did you mean https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/usa/las-vegas/deals ?

You can use their site to find discounts. I also use smartervegas.com or travelzoo.com.

For any of those sites, clicking on a link there has always redirected me to either ticketmaster or to a page on the hotel's site & applied the discount automatically (you always have options to verify seats & prices before checking out). So if your concern is making sure you don't get ripped off, make sure you get redirected like that. If the concern is more logistics, like how do you get physical tickets, there are several options. Looks like the default these days is now email only. For an extra fee, you can pay to have the tickets waiting for you @ will call. The box offices will generally open an hour or two before the show.

That being said, you can sometimes find better deals once you get to Vegas at one of the discount ticket booths (like Tix4Tonight). If you know the shows you want to see, and you're going during a busy time, the savings probably aren't going to be worth the extra hassle though (there's always a line).
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info! I have been using the cirquedusoleil.com website and going to each show like "O" to view seats and pricing. (and/or Bellagio one which appears to do the same thing). The online seating has some prime ones that I'd like to book our group of 8 (discounts not needed since I'd rather get the seats we want rather than wait and take what we can get).
My question is more about having the tickets emailed. I have no idea if I will receive 8 emails, or one big one? Then I print the tickets and haul them (like gold) to Vegas to use?
If we wait for will call, then the person who ordered with THAT credit card has to retrieve them. I had to laugh... CitiBank has changed our cards twice in the last year because of "security problems" and/or changing Visa to Mastercard. So, like does one take the "no longer works" card along to use?
It's a lot of bucks to spend and get caught in the email spam bucket and/or a non defunk card! :-)
I just want to make sure I know how this works before I order online. (our hotel, the Palazzo would be happy to make the reservations, but I notice at premium pricing... guess they have to add their bit to the cost.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
I appreciate your thinking of a lot of worst case scenarios, since I do the same myself. But it's probably over-thinking it in this case.

Discounts - You should be able to book seats for 8 folks with one of the discount offers available above. If you want to tell me what show & what month you're looking for, I'd be happy to see if I can find a good deal. Heading to Vegas later this month so I'll be looking for show deals myself anyway. (Not asking for your exact dates or CC or anything, just the show name and I'll point you at a link direct to the venue to place the order yourself)

Ticket emails - Whenever I've ordered multiple tickets at once, they come in one email. Depends on the venue. Think I've seen just barcodes that all fit on one piece of paper, and I've also seen them print just ONE barcode (+ a crap-ton of ads) on a sheet, so you'd end up with 8 pieces of paper.

Will Call - Yes, the person that made the payment will need to show up @ will call with an ID. That's not really much of a hassle since in most cases this is right outside of the theater that you're going to (you will have to wait in line). Yes, they usually ask for the CC too, but I don't think that's as important (esp. since the scenario you describe happens all the time). They don't care that it works for new charges, I think it's just another way to confirm that you made the purchase (maybe they check the last 4 digits or something). Having the email as proof of purchase will also help.

Spam filter - You have PLENTY of time here, so no chance things get caught in the spam bucket What I'd do is place the order online. You'll get an email within minutes/hours. If you do not, you can contact them and they can re-send it.

Carrying tix - Not really like hauling gold, but yeah, they're valuable. It will be a small # of pieces of paper. And if you're going to Vegas, you're probably bringing much larger stacks of cash :P Print out the info & bring it with you. If you lose it, you can use the info on your phone as a backup (though if someone finds your physical tix, they could use them before you get a chance; not sure what to do in this case). Get a folder, put the printouts in that folder, put that in your carry on & watch your carry on as closely as you'd watch your purse. If you're extra worried about it, you can print the tickets out twice & give one copy to someone else in your party.

I've purchased tickets for dozens of venues all over the world. I've followed the same steps above and have never had a problem anywhere (haven't even had to rely on my backups!).

Good luck & have fun!
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Great info! I'll do the email tickets! I'll let hubby haul the tickets in his carryon! :-)

April is the month... plenty of time to look for them and we may have 12 in the group soon, so that should qualify for a group discount!
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:56 pm

I agree with OverThereTooMuch's statement that you're smart for thinking of possible problems but you're certainly overthinking this.

If you're booking direct with Cirque du Soleil, you won't have any problems. I've seen about a dozen of their shows. And I've seen their Orlando show ("La Nouba") 20+ times over the years.

I've only had one ticket issue and it was at "O" in Las Vegas. I won't get into the details of the problem, but I will tell you that the manager at the Ticket Office was great. She gave me the option to get a full refund (on refundable tickets) or stay and see the show. When I decided to see the show, she upgraded my tickets.

Show, I wouldn't worry. In the unlikely event that something happens, I'd bet that Cirque du Soleil will work hard to fix the problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.