Wiki Posts
Search

Mandalay Bay 32nd floor

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: whatever it takes
Mandalay Bay 32nd floor

When the dust settles and Mandalay Bay repairs the damage to their hotel, do you think they will ever give people this 32nd floor corner room - "sniper's nest" - to stay in again? Or will it forever be blocked out?

Would you stay in this room if given to you?

Have you ever stayed in a room (anywhere) that had a verifiably notorious past?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ck-s-room.html

Last edited by EqualOpp; Oct 3, 2017 at 12:01 pm Reason: added link to room photo
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
I wouldn't stay. I would assume the room will be blocked permanently.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:19 pm

I would also guess it would not be used again. Use it as a storage room or maid's closet.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:41 pm

Ugh. I would not want to stay in that room.
I know it's just psychological but I'd rather not knowingly stay in rooms with a checkered past.

We're heading to Vegas in a few weeks and are staying at the sister Delano property. And even that, for lack of a better way to describe it, stirs upsetting emotions in me just being in the vicinity of it all.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
I'd predict they convert it from a suite to regular rooms with different numbers.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Doubt anyone would remember the room number in a few months.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Never stayed in a room with a dubious past.

I often wonder what people what pay to stay at Marilyn Monroe's if her place was put on AIRBNB.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
After the Kobe Bryant incident at Cordillera, the room was renovated, all furniture and fixtures replaced, and the room was re-numbered so that people would not ask for the "Kobe Bryant room."
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Now you mention it, I wonder what happened with the Cedar Lodge/Yosemite Killer rooms in that case.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:51 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by EqualOpp
When the dust settles and Mandalay Bay repairs the damage to their hotel, do you think they will ever give people this 32nd floor corner room - "sniper's nest" - to stay in again? Or will it forever be blocked out?

Would you stay in this room if given to you?

Have you ever stayed in a room (anywhere) that had a verifiably notorious past?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ck-s-room.html
Was at a convention in DC years ago in which one of my colleagues stayed in the room in which Marion Barry was arrested with cocaine.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:47 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by will2288
I would also guess it would not be used again. Use it as a storage room or maid's closet.
Similarly surmised in this article: https://www.yahoo.com/news/will-happ...150549171.html

Sunil Atreya, an associate professor at the College of Hospitality Management at Johnson & Wales University, has worked in management for the Welcome Group Chain of hotels in India, as well as the Marriott and Holiday Inn in the U.S. Based on his experience, he said, the room will be gutted, refurbished and renumbered, at a minimum — or transformed into something else, such as storage space or a boardroom. He suggested that Mandalay Bay would likely refurbish the entire floor.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
I would not hesitate to stay in it.

To do otherwise would give the shooter more control than he deserves.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
I think even the penny pinching MGM execs will do the right thing and permanently wall this area off. People can get on with their lives by staying at other places in the hotel, but never this area.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/las...BnbcA1&ffid=gz
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:20 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I read somewhere that the entire 32nd floor will be remodeled and completely new room numbers assigned. Once the remodel is done, nothing from the former layout will be recognizable.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
I read somewhere that the entire 32nd floor will be remodeled and completely new room numbers assigned. Once the remodel is done, nothing from the former layout will be recognizable.
According to our local Las Vegas Review Journal, other rooms on the 32nd floor are presently still in use. I am surprised, given the fact that Mandalay was only just permitted to board up the two windows last weekend, having been cleared to do so by law enforcement. You'd think the whole floor of rooms would have been taken out of service.
So, going forward from here, renumbering rooms makes sense, don't know about a remodel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.