Wiki Posts
Search

Poker room at Monte Carlo closing?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt, Marriott
Poker room at Monte Carlo closing?

I read on everythinglv.com issue no. 899 that the poker room at the Monte Carlo in LV will close on April 25, 2017. If true, I am very much saddened, for I have been playing limit hold'em there for many years and have greatly liked it. Does anyone have any further information? I plan to visit LV shortly before April 25.

One more question: the MGM Grand used to have very nice limit hold'em games for many years. However, over the last year or so I have seen only no-limit games there. Does anyone have more information about this? For example, are there certain times of the day when limit games are likely?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by cogitate
I read on everythinglv.com issue no. 899 that the poker room at the Monte Carlo in LV will close on April 25, 2017. If true, I am very much saddened, for I have been playing limit hold'em there for many years and have greatly liked it. Does anyone have any further information? I plan to visit LV shortly before April 25.

One more question: the MGM Grand used to have very nice limit hold'em games for many years. However, over the last year or so I have seen only no-limit games there. Does anyone have more information about this? For example, are there certain times of the day when limit games are likely?
I was at the MGM Grand for 3 days (Thursday through Saturday) the weekend before the Super Bowl and never saw a limit hold'em game. They had an interest list but never got a game going. I suggest the Mirage which will almost always have a 3-6 limit game or the Flamingo for 2-4 or Bellagio for 4-8 with a half kill. The Venetian used to have a limit game but I'm not sure about lately. It wasn't running the two times I checked that weekend.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by cogitate

Your best bet (pun intended) is to add the Bravo Poker Live app to your phone and check the various rooms in real time. You can view almost all the poker rooms in Vegas, see which games are currently being spread, and see what the waiting lists are.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Ante Up magazine for March 2017 says that the Monte Carlo poker room has already closed, in advance of everythinglv.com's prediction of April 25. I'll find out soon; I'll be staying at the MC for a a few nights starting in mid-April. I suspect I'll be playing at the Mirage, Flamingo, or Bellagio. See the very helpful post by sportsguymichael above.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 1:51 pm

I follow Andrew Neeme's poker vlog on Youtube. He just posted a few days ago from the Monte Carlo poker room and mentioned about it closing next month. See at the
which though is before the April 25th date referenced for the closing.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

I received an email yesterday from the Monte Carlo Poker Room, announcing that it will be closing on the morning of April 25, 2017.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.