FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Las Vegas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-vegas-463/)
-   -   Britney (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-vegas/1815020-britney.html)

Rickyleann1 Jan 13, 2017 9:13 am

Britney

Anyone have any tips for the Britney show Piece of Me? Good places to sit and not sit? Meet and greet? Help. Will be seeing the show alone on business trip in March.

ksucats Jan 13, 2017 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Rickyleann1 (Post 27755240)
Anyone have any tips for the Britney show Piece of Me? Good places to sit and not sit? Meet and greet? Help. Will be seeing the show alone on business trip in March.

My wife and I are getting ready to go to Vegas this evening and are considering going to see Britney either tonight or tomorrow night. Will post a reply with details if we decide to go. I am not really a big fan of hers, but think she will put on a good show.

gglave Jan 13, 2017 3:29 pm

My wife saw Britney's show in Vegas in November as part of a friend's 40th. She isn't a huge Britney fan, but nevertheless was surprised how Britney obviously lip-synched the whole thing.

TMOliver Jan 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Taken by a client to one of Britney's performances, I'm not sure how to enumerate the faults, other than to assign a rating of "over-blown mediocrity". Lip-syncing is bad enough, and even worse since she doesn't sing well.

All I can say is that I mourn the years since seeing Ethel Merman and Louie Armstrong on the same Vegas stage, after seeing Roger Williams playing in the lounge.

steved5480 Jan 14, 2017 11:37 am

Good production, nice theater layout. 100% lip-synced, but still ranks way up there on the spectacle meter. Worth the watch even if not a fan of her music.

rjburns Jan 16, 2017 1:29 pm

My advice - skip the lip such and read a book.

ijgordon Jan 17, 2017 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Rickyleann1 (Post 27755240)
Will be seeing the show alone on business trip in March.

:eek: ;)

(I once saw Celine alone on a business trip, a bit more respectable. Lol)

ksucats Jan 18, 2017 7:30 am

After reading some of the responses here, I am glad that my wife and I decided against going to the show.

lindaiah Jan 18, 2017 11:12 am

Originally Posted by ksucats (Post 27780848)
After reading some of the responses here, I am glad that my wife and I decided against going to the show.

What (if any) show did you see instead? Good/bad/indifferent?
I'm always interested in recommendations! :)

Rickyleann1 Jan 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Such a big fan that she could roll around and mud and I would love it. Hopefully I will still be a fan afterwards.

Originally Posted by gglave (Post 27757251)
My wife saw Britney's show in Vegas in November as part of a friend's 40th. She isn't a huge Britney fan, but nevertheless was surprised how Britney obviously lip-synched the whole thing.

What are the best seats? Any discount tickets?

gglave Jan 19, 2017 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Rickyleann1 (Post 27788632)
What are the best seats? Any discount tickets?

Can't help you there - She just let Ticketmaster choose the best seats and paid Ticketmaster's rate.

ksucats Jan 20, 2017 7:35 am

Originally Posted by lindaiah (Post 27782101)
What (if any) show did you see instead? Good/bad/indifferent?
I'm always interested in recommendations! :)

We ended up not doing any shows this trip. We considered Van Morrison, but tickets were $250.