FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Las Vegas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-vegas-463/)
-   -   Which Wynn Entrance to Use for Quick Getaway? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-vegas/1659167-wynn-entrance-use-quick-getaway.html)

captiveguru Mar 1, 2015 1:05 am

Which Wynn Entrance to Use for Quick Getaway?

Looks like there are 2 entrances. One on the strip and one on Sands. Need to get to the airport as fast as possible by taxi. Any advice?

Doc Savage Mar 1, 2015 1:40 am

Originally Posted by captiveguru (Post 24433300)
Looks like there are 2 entrances. One on the strip and one on Sands. Need to get to the airport as fast as possible by taxi. Any advice?

Leave a little earlier.

gengar Mar 1, 2015 2:18 am

Originally Posted by captiveguru (Post 24433300)

Unfortunately, there isn't a taxi rank at the south entrance to Wynn.

QuietLion Mar 1, 2015 9:39 am

I don't think it's going to make all that much difference, but I would guess catching a taxi at Encore would be faster since they can take the secret tunnel to Desert Inn, which goes to Paradise with no lights.

QL

silver-tls Mar 2, 2015 1:49 pm

Quickest would be the tower suite entrance where they can make a left onto Sands blvd (Spring Mountain) and then onto Paradise. However, not many taxi's by the tower suite entrance. You're looking at saving 5-10 minutes vs the normal Wynn entrance.

gengar Mar 2, 2015 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by silver-tls (Post 24442030)
Quickest would be the tower suite entrance where they can make a left onto Sands blvd (Spring Mountain) and then onto Paradise. However, not many taxi's by the tower suite entrance. You're looking at saving 5-10 minutes vs the normal Wynn entrance.

Is there a taxi rank at the tower suite entrance now? As I posted above, when I stayed at the tower suites once (although that was a long, long time ago), there was no actual taxi rank - they would call a taxi, but I often had to wait, which was annoying. The only time I could get into a cab right away was when one happened to be dropping people off.

Either way, the actual taxi travel time from south entrance isn't going to save 5-10 mins compared to main gate - the whole trip from main gate to McCarran (assuming the taxi driver is instructed to go down Paradise) should only take around 10 minutes.

captiveguru Mar 2, 2015 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by gengar (Post 24442337)
Either way, the actual taxi travel time from south entrance isn't going to save 5-10 mins compared to main gate - the whole trip from main gate to McCarran (assuming the taxi driver is instructed to go down Paradise) should only take around 10 minutes.

Thanks. I guess the more important question is what route is best? Sounds like Paradise...

gengar Mar 2, 2015 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by captiveguru (Post 24442723)
Thanks. I guess the more important question is what route is best? Sounds like Paradise...

Yes, directly to Paradise and straight down to the airport is best (make sure to tell the cab driver that route when you get in the cab). There are a lot of routes that will take basically the same amount of time, but the distance is longer so you'll just wind up paying more.

captiveguru Mar 7, 2015 4:46 pm

Update. We walked out the south entrance at noon, jumped in a waiting cab and were at the airport in 10 minutes.

One caveat: There were only 2 cabs in the rank. I was told by the concierge that there should be plenty...