Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

myVEGAS Facebook Game - Free Rooms, Shows, Buffets, etc

myVEGAS Facebook Game - Free Rooms, Shows, Buffets, etc

Old Feb 26, 13, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by redtigeriii View Post
Just thought I'd report... I redeemed through myvegas for the Mirage buffet during my most recent trip in Las Vegas. It was pretty easy. Went to the Mlife desk at the Mirage and showed the printout of my confirmation number and my ID and M life card. They wrote something down in a big book they have and basically filled out a paper ticket which I then took over to the buffet that I gave to the cashier. It covered cost of buffet & taxes, no extra charge. Looks like they have to do a lot by hand for the redemption of this award.

There were signs and lots of handouts for the myVegas game so its pretty clear they are promoting it heavily, and I think that most the reps should know about it when you go to redeem an award.
We just redeemed points for O tickets yesterday. Her records didn't show that the tickets were paid for but when I said they were she immediately realized it was a myVegas situation. She had to go in the back room for a few minutes to deal with it.

It's not properly integrated yet.
Old Mar 14, 13, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Just wanted to update you guys on something new they're rolling out. Apparently if you make purchases, the 3/30 limitation gets modified. For example, if you buy $5 worth, it becomes 4/30 and when you buy a $199 package it becomes 6/30. Apparently, levels are going to be important as well for something. Will let you know more once something becomes official.
Old Mar 14, 13, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by bobu View Post
Just wanted to update you guys on something new they're rolling out. Apparently if you make purchases, the 3/30 limitation gets modified. For example, if you buy $5 worth, it becomes 4/30 and when you buy a $199 package it becomes 6/30. Apparently, levels are going to be important as well for something. Will let you know more once something becomes official.
That makes sense. If you are spending a lot of real money on the game, there shouldn't be so many redemption restrictions. But they also have to maintain a fine line where the people who pay real money feel like they are getting something, while not alienating the free users or forcing them to spend real money just to get rewards.
Old Mar 18, 13, 9:55 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium
Recently came back from a trip to Vegas where my family and I used a lot of myVegas points!

1. 4 nights in a deluxe room at the Mirage
2. 4 Bellagio Brunch passes
3. 2 LOVE tickets (purchased 1M pts for $199 for an additional 2 tickets)
4. $75 F&B credit at NY-NY

Looking forward to my next trip where I can burn more myVegas points.
Old Mar 18, 13, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp View Post
Recently came back from a trip to Vegas where my family and I used a lot of myVegas points!

1. 4 nights in a deluxe room at the Mirage
2. 4 Bellagio Brunch passes
3. 2 LOVE tickets (purchased 1M pts for $199 for an additional 2 tickets)
4. $75 F&B credit at NY-NY

Looking forward to my next trip where I can burn more myVegas points.
Wow--what a good haul--especially the room at the Mirage. ^
Old Mar 19, 13, 9:51 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by corky View Post
Wow--what a good haul--especially the room at the Mirage. ^
Definitely! Saved almost ~$700 in room cost. ^
Old Mar 27, 13, 1:53 pm

Has anyone redeemed for the Bellagio Penthouse upgrade?? Do you have to book the salon suite via Mlife or can I book with Amex FHR and then call with my reward for the upgrade. Basicallly Im wanting to get a potential double upgrade with Amex fine hotels & resorts booking and the myvegas reward.

Last edited by lcinqc; Mar 27, 13 at 1:59 pm
Old Mar 28, 13, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lcinqc View Post
Has anyone redeemed for the Bellagio Penthouse upgrade?? Do you have to book the salon suite via Mlife or can I book with Amex FHR and then call with my reward for the upgrade. Basicallly Im wanting to get a potential double upgrade with Amex fine hotels & resorts booking and the myvegas reward.
No, you have to book through them at regular rates, definitely not worth it.
Old Mar 28, 13, 12:26 pm

I've looked around a bit online but didn't find much - mainly "more details coming soon" posts from a while back - but maybe I'm just missing it.

Anyone know how the club bottle service award works?
Old Apr 2, 13, 10:44 pm

Unhappy

Originally Posted by tvelinsk View Post
Inside Facebook. Search for "MyVegas Friends" and "MyVegas Friends and Deals" groups in Facebook. You have to be approved to join - they will usually approve within just a few minutes.

You do not have to add any strangers as friends to your Facebook account, but you will receive more points each day if you do (50 points a day for each friend that sends you a gift, and a multiplier on your daily spin based on how many friends you have). There are threads on both the groups above with people who would like to be added as friends in the game. If you friend these people you can put them on your 'restricted' list so that they cannot see any of your info or status updates. You can turn off seeing their 'newsfeed' so you will not see their updates, either.
Hello, I made a group and a lot of people wants to be added. Today, I probably accepted too many friends requests without realizing it and FB wanted me to log in again but before I can log in to FB they want me to agree by checking the box that says and I quote, "I understand that if I send friend requests to people who don't know me, I could be blocked". They said I have been sending friends requests to people I don't know. I don't know what to do now and I don't want to access my FB 'cause they may block me asap. Will you please tell me what to do and if I don't have people to play with how can I get more chips so I can play longer? I am sure it's not only me having this issue. Is there a way you can add people without breaking the rules and if there is how do you do it? Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 3, 13, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by clmania View Post
Hello, I made a group and a lot of people wants to be added. Today, I probably accepted too many friends requests without realizing it and FB wanted me to log in again but before I can log in to FB they want me to agree by checking the box that says and I quote, "I understand that if I send friend requests to people who don't know me, I could be blocked". They said I have been sending friends requests to people I don't know. I don't know what to do now and I don't want to access my FB 'cause they may block me asap. Will you please tell me what to do and if I don't have people to play with how can I get more chips so I can play longer? I am sure it's not only me having this issue. Is there a way you can add people without breaking the rules and if there is how do you do it? Thanks in advance.
Ahh, yes, Facebook jail.

If you go into the MyVegas Friends forum, there is a list where you can request people to add you as a friend. If you put your name on that list, you are agreeing that you will accept friend requests from anyone who sends them to you (to build up your daily bonus). You should be safe there.

Mike
Old Apr 5, 13, 12:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
Had a great time using our myVegas rewards on our trip. Between three of us we had:

- 2 tix to Zarkana
- 2 Bellagio lunch buffets
- 3x $75 Bar at Times Square
- $100 at Nine Fine Irishmen
- $50 at Monte Carlo

All of them were easy to redeem at the MLife clubs and we had no difficulty using them at the locations.

Our tickets to Zarkana were in the 4th row! VIP line for the Bellagio buffet...

This is a really great deal!
Old Apr 5, 13, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
Had a great time using our myVegas rewards on our trip. Between three of us we had:

- 2 tix to Zarkana
- 2 Bellagio lunch buffets
- 3x $75 Bar at Times Square
- $100 at Nine Fine Irishmen
- $50 at Monte Carlo

All of them were easy to redeem at the MLife clubs and we had no difficulty using them at the locations.

Our tickets to Zarkana were in the 4th row! VIP line for the Bellagio buffet...

This is a really great deal!
Unfortunately they have removed all the food options for locals.
Old Apr 8, 13, 8:44 pm

Programs: AP, SPG Gold, CX Gold
Just won a High Tea comp for the Bellagio, it expires in 2 days, if there is anyone in Vegas right now, or will be in the next 2 days you are welcome to it!

It will expire 2 days after scanning.

Just download the Viva myVegas app and scan this QR code. First one to scan it gets it!

Here is the QR code that I used to win. It allows for 3 scans/spins before locking it out. Doesn't matter what location either.

Last edited by seanman571; Apr 8, 13 at 8:53 pm Reason: Added QR code, scan away!
Old Apr 8, 13, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why don't you just turn in that Bellagio tea & get your points reinstated? They are pretty good about doing that.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: