FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Las Vegas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-vegas-463/)
-   -   myVEGAS Facebook Game - Free Rooms, Shows, Buffets, etc (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-vegas/1418578-myvegas-facebook-game-free-rooms-shows-buffets-etc.html)

mikeef Feb 7, 2013 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by kilo (Post 20170079)
Yes, I understand that your mlife account has to be in your true name.

I asked because mikeef opened another facebook account (not in his full name) to use with mlife. As you explained all that is required is that FB account is linked to a true mlife account.

Yeah, I had to change the name on my FB account. Kind of sucky, but what can ya do?

Mike

redtigeriii Feb 7, 2013 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef (Post 20205280)
Yeah, I had to change the name on my FB account. Kind of sucky, but what can ya do?

Mike

You had to change the name on your facebook to your full real name before redeeming any awards? I'm confused about this part.

bobu Feb 11, 2013 5:05 am

Originally Posted by redtigeriii (Post 20205800)
You had to change the name on your facebook to your full real name before redeeming any awards? I'm confused about this part.

When you first purchase a reward with your loyalty points, you have to enter a name on the form. That name must be the same name as your MLife card name. Also, once that name is attached onto the account, it becomes permanent. Hope that helps.

redtigeriii Feb 11, 2013 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by bobu (Post 20224706)
When you first purchase a reward with your loyalty points, you have to enter a name on the form. That name must be the same name as your MLife card name. Also, once that name is attached onto the account, it becomes permanent. Hope that helps.

Thanks. For some reason I was thinking he was saying that his name on facebook had to be changed to his real name. But yeah, I ended up buying two rewards with my loyalty points and found out what you just said when the form popped up. Now time to dig around and see if I can find any of my M life rewards cards I signed up for last time I was in Vegas :)

mikeef Feb 12, 2013 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by redtigeriii (Post 20227640)
Thanks. For some reason I was thinking he was saying that his name on facebook had to be changed to his real name. But yeah, I ended up buying two rewards with my loyalty points and found out what you just said when the form popped up. Now time to dig around and see if I can find any of my M life rewards cards I signed up for last time I was in Vegas :)

Actually, I was. My FB account wasn't under my full name, so it wouldn't be eligible for the rewards. kilo was kind enough to point out my mistake.

Mike

bobu Feb 13, 2013 3:58 am

Originally Posted by mikeef (Post 20235767)
Actually, I was. My FB account wasn't under my full name, so it wouldn't be eligible for the rewards. kilo was kind enough to point out my mistake.

Mike

It doesn't matter if your Facebook name is your full name or not. It's whatever name you put on the form that matters.

redtigeriii Feb 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Oh, ok. Glad we are all cleared up on this now :)

mikeef Feb 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by bobu (Post 20237697)
It doesn't matter if your Facebook name is your full name or not. It's whatever name you put on the form that matters.

^

Originally Posted by redtigeriii (Post 20241053)
Oh, ok. Glad we are all cleared up on this now :)

^^

On the plus side, I've gotten 500 LPs as my daily spin bonus three times in the last two weeks. After the multipliers, it's been 4,000 LPs each time.

Mike

redtigeriii Feb 15, 2013 12:58 am

Nice! I actually got the 10,000 chip bonus today which turned into 82,500. Before that it was all 1000 chips or less on the bonus spin. I took advantage of the double xp bonus for Jules Verne several days ago and was able to get quite a few levels and LP's before leaving for my trip. Got a buffet pass and dining credit out of it which will be great to have.

corky Feb 15, 2013 12:36 pm

jeez...are you guys this lucky at the slots too?
I have been playing since beginning november I think & have NEVER got LP's on the daily bonus spin nor have I ever got more than 5000 chips (before multipliers) and even that only a couple times. I have hit over 20,000 chips on a knight fight sometimes but nothing compared to some of the screen shots on MyVegas Friends.

redtigeriii Feb 15, 2013 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by corky (Post 20254673)
jeez...are you guys this lucky at the slots too?
I have been playing since beginning november I think & have NEVER got LP's on the daily bonus spin nor have I ever got more than 5000 chips (before multipliers) and even that only a couple times. I have hit over 20,000 chips on a knight fight sometimes but nothing compared to some of the screen shots on MyVegas Friends.

Usually I get one of the lower spin amounts.. that was the first time I'd received the highest one available on the wheel. I've got the LP one once.

bobu Feb 19, 2013 12:42 am

So confirmed Mirage Suites will be back, so save up your LPs again!

redtigeriii Feb 22, 2013 11:18 am

Looks like the Mirage Suite is back, but at a much higher LP price now.

Lydia Hernandez Feb 25, 2013 1:15 pm

First times playing, let see if can win some Vegas prices.

redtigeriii Feb 26, 2013 11:20 am

Just thought I'd report... I redeemed through myvegas for the Mirage buffet during my most recent trip in Las Vegas. It was pretty easy. Went to the Mlife desk at the Mirage and showed the printout of my confirmation number and my ID and M life card. They wrote something down in a big book they have and basically filled out a paper ticket which I then took over to the buffet that I gave to the cashier. It covered cost of buffet & taxes, no extra charge. Looks like they have to do a lot by hand for the redemption of this award.

There were signs and lots of handouts for the myVegas game so its pretty clear they are promoting it heavily, and I think that most the reps should know about it when you go to redeem an award.