Wiki Posts
Search

Private/Semi-Private Dining Steak Dinner Help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus Platinum, topbonus Gold
Private/Semi-Private Dining Steak Dinner Help

I've read through the Consolidated "Steak Houses in Las Vegas" and "Restaurant and bar reviews/recommendations/questions" threads and hopefully haven't just missed answers to this question, but:

I need to plan a dinner in Vegas for a group of 8-14 people on a Saturday night at the end of August and am looking for an upscale steakhouse close to the Strip that offers either a private room or semi-private setting. Ideally, we'd like a set menu that will keep it to not more than about $100/person (not including drinks), so rooms with high minimums probably won't work for us.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be incredibly appreciated!

Also (this may be a longshot), but does it ever make sense to try and arrange for a dinner like this while making hotel reservations in hopes of getting some sort of special deal?

Apologies if this I'm asking for something completely unrealistic cost-wise, I'm just not at all familiar with the Vegas restaurant scene...

Thanks so much!
Old Jun 12, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by COmitted
I've read through the Consolidated "Steak Houses in Las Vegas" and "Restaurant and bar reviews/recommendations/questions" threads and hopefully haven't just missed answers to this question, but:

I need to plan a dinner in Vegas for a group of 8-14 people on a Saturday night at the end of August and am looking for an upscale steakhouse close to the Strip that offers either a private room or semi-private setting. Ideally, we'd like a set menu that will keep it to not more than about $100/person (not including drinks), so rooms with high minimums probably won't work for us.

Also (this may be a longshot), but does it ever make sense to try and arrange for a dinner like this while making hotel reservations in hopes of getting some sort of special deal?

Apologies if this I'm asking for something completely unrealistic cost-wise, I'm just not at all familiar with the Vegas restaurant scene...

Thanks so much!
Under $100 might be tough. One of my favorites is the Clubhouse at Wynn. Same steaks as the Wynn steakhouse, but in the back with a great outdoor overlooking the 18th green.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
For such a small group the options are pretty limited and I doubt you will be able to get below $100 because pretty much any place is going to have a minimum revenue set up or even an outright flat fee. You can try Charlie Palmer at the 4S, Mastro's in City Center, or Palm at Caesar's Palace. Joe's Stone Crab at Caesar's might also be an option. Off the top of my head, those are the only steak places I can think of that have rooms for fewer than 20-25 people. There may be more semi-private options available.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Try Cut inside Palazzo or Smith and Wollensky on the strip. Both have private rooms available.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by kingalien
Try Cut inside Palazzo or Smith and Wollensky on the strip. Both have private rooms available.
I second S&W. The room we got (granted, this was some time ago) had a private room with a glass wall that looked into the kitchen. Kinda interesting to watch.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions. I will check them all out today and really appreciate the quick responses!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum/Delta GM
FWIW, I wasn't a huge fan of Cut.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by waldob
FWIW, I wasn't a huge fan of Cut.
I haven't been to the one in Vegas, but I find the one in Beverly Hills to be very hit or miss. The last time was a miss, so I suspect I'll only be going back if someone else insists...
Old Jun 14, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by MrColdShower
I second S&W. The room we got (granted, this was some time ago) had a private room with a glass wall that looked into the kitchen. Kinda interesting to watch.
+1 about S&W. Might want to inquire at Del Frisco's. I believe they have a semi-private room or area.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:52 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by COmitted

Thanks so much!
Craftsteak at MGM. Ask to have Marvin wait on you.

QL
Old Jun 18, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I would suggest Envy at the Renaissance on Paradise. Lovely private dining area. I find the food to be much better and at a much fairer price than the places on the strip. Ask for Joey for your waiter.

http://www.envysteakhouse.com/private-dining.aspx
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions. The options were certainly limited, even bumping it up to $175pp... It looks like The Palm will likely work, and I'm still waiting to hear back from S&W.

Thank you again for the help.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
Lawry's Prime Rib? I have no idea what size of group is needed for private dining, but I would think they would work with your price point and restaurant descriptions.
http://www.lawrysonline.com/lawrys-p...usiness-social

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.