FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Las Vegas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-vegas-463/)
-   -   Going from Tao Restaurant to Tao Nightclub? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-vegas/1212204-going-tao-restaurant-tao-nightclub.html)

InfoMofo May 4, 2011 1:30 pm

Going from Tao Restaurant to Tao Nightclub?

It's my friend's bachelor party and he really wants to go clubbing while we're in vegas, but we're a group of 8 guys. This is entirely out of my element, but I was wondering if by eating at the restaurant at Tao, are we guaranteed entrance to the Nightclub?

Bucko May 4, 2011 4:10 pm

I don't think it's guaranteed, but it certainly doesn't hurt

My wife and I ate there a couple of years ago and we mentioned to our server that we wanted to go to Tao afterwards (we ended up not going, however). He sent over a lady who sat down with us and gave us stamps on our hands to go right up after dinner (no cover, if I remember correctly). I *think* she came over to check us out and make sure we weren't hideous looking and were dressed appropriately. A group of 8 guys might be a bit different than a couple, but I would think that if you're having a decent meal they'd be likely go ahead and allow you up. Good luck.

bhatnasx May 4, 2011 9:01 pm

You should be able to get in with dinner reservations - just let your waiter know & they'll "validate" your dinner receipt.

I suggest reservations for dinner around 9pm - you'll finish up around 11pm, which is about the earliest you'll want to go upstairs to Tao.

Great club! Check out Marquee at the Cosmpolitan when you're there - the people that run Tao, run Marquee - biggest club in the world. They also run Lavo - which isn't nearly as good as Tao is. Pre-party - drinks are expensive - shorter lines are usually at the bar near the elevators (where all the sculptures are).

If you are interested in Marquee & want bottle service there, I know a very good host there (will get you ahead of the lines with bottle service at Marquee - PM if you want his contact info).

Also, FWIW - you'll get in even if you don't eat there. Vegas nightclubs allow everyone in, as long as you're not a jerk or acting like a drunk before you get in - it's just whether you have to wait in line or not. Tao is good food, so it's an easy process. The other option (which may be less pricey than dinner for 8 at Tao) is bottle service. You can find a host willing to set you up for that on Craigslist.

sportsguymichael May 4, 2011 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bucko (Post 16329186)
My wife and I ate there a couple of years ago and we mentioned to our server that we wanted to go to Tao afterwards (we ended up not going, however). He sent over a lady who sat down with us and gave us stamps on our hands to go right up after dinner (no cover, if I remember correctly). I *think* she came over to check us out and make sure we weren't hideous looking and were dressed appropriately. A group of 8 guys might be a bit different than a couple, but I would think that if you're having a decent meal they'd be likely go ahead and allow you up. Good luck.

+1
My friend and I had the same experience 2 years ago. 8 guys could be a little different situation though. We were just 2 guys.

EBP Crest May 12, 2011 7:53 am

Roughly.... how much is bottle service.. say a bottle of Jack?

InfoMofo May 12, 2011 9:39 am

So we ended up being a group of 6 guys- ate dinner late at 10:30, had no problems getting skip line stamps after our meal to go into the club.

It was crazy, uncomfortably packed. I enjoyed XS at the Encore much more.

geoffk May 12, 2011 10:04 am

Originally Posted by EBP Crest (Post 16372476)
Roughly.... how much is bottle service.. say a bottle of Jack?

for one bottle, roughly $600 w/ tax+autograt.
but keep in mind that doesn't include any other tips you might give (host/security/etc..) and only gets 3 people tops in. also buying one bottle isn't going to get you a prime location at one of the top tier clubs.

EBP Crest May 12, 2011 10:50 am

Thanks guys i appreciate the response. I have dinner scheduled at 10pm on saturday bc the next earliest time was 7:15... The way it sounds I think if possible we will skip the line, go check out the club stay for a little while and experience how ridiculous it is and maybe head out to somewhere more manageable after that =).

Thanks again.

InfoMofo May 12, 2011 10:51 am

Originally Posted by geoffk (Post 16373259)
for one bottle, roughly $600 w/ tax+autograt.
but keep in mind that doesn't include any other tips you might give (host/security/etc..) and only gets 3 people tops in. also buying one bottle isn't going to get you a prime location at one of the top tier clubs.

Yeah for a top club, they quoted me 1000 dollars for a table at marquee, which I believe was for up to 6 people.

TommyC80 May 17, 2011 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by InfoMofo (Post 16373533)
Yeah for a top club, they quoted me 1000 dollars for a table at marquee, which I believe was for up to 6 people.

Probably outside or in a corner there...prime tables on the dance floor will run you 5k and up

Wyfind May 29, 2011 2:45 am

I just got back from a week long 21st birthday trip to Vegas. My best friend got us a table at Tao at the Tao Beach level. We ended up paying $900 for a bottle of Bombay Sapphire and Patron with the tax and auto-tip. For what it's worth, all we did was call early in the week for a Thursday night trip and saw the front desk before 10:30 and they got us a table before we even picked bottles or paid. However, it wasn't on the dance floor. Our group was two guys and two girls.

If you are going with eight, I don't know if you're fine with it, but I would eat at Tao. Our group of four also ate at Tao and while we did order a bit, it ended up being around $300 after tax and tip. I figure if you double that for a group of eight, it'll be around $600 or $700, you can definitely get stamped into the club and ensure reasonable entrance especially for all guys and "save" $200+ depending on how many bottles you would have ordered.