Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

Anyone going to Vegas Uncorked?

Anyone going to Vegas Uncorked?

Reply

Old Jan 25, 11, 1:36 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,495
Anyone going to Vegas Uncorked?

http://www.vegasuncorked.com/ ?
fly2nrt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 11, 10:35 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: IAD/DCA, USA (MD Suburbs)
Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Posts: 1,455
We went last year and had a blast. It's crowded, so prepare to be bumped around a bit. The food was outstanding and the people watching was fun. Last year's fad was sliders. Cat Cora had some really nice lamb sliders. Also, plenty of free flowing wine and mixed drinks.

We definitely plan on going back this year.

Edit to add: We did the Grand Tasting at Caesars. Didn't hit any of the other events, although saw a few taking place around Vegas that weekend.
FFMilesJunkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 11, 12:47 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,495
Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie View Post
We went last year and had a blast. It's crowded, so prepare to be bumped around a bit. The food was outstanding and the people watching was fun. Last year's fad was sliders. Cat Cora had some really nice lamb sliders. Also, plenty of free flowing wine and mixed drinks.

We definitely plan on going back this year.

Edit to add: We did the Grand Tasting at Caesars. Didn't hit any of the other events, although saw a few taking place around Vegas that weekend.
Sounds like fun.

I bought tickets to the Joel Robuchon lunch and the Guy Savoy dinner. At $295 a pop, I'll be eating ramen noodles until May though.
fly2nrt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 11, 4:25 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 165
I just sent my wife a link. It's the weekend of our anniversary, so it just might happen
Chozn1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 11, 8:20 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: IAD/DCA, USA (MD Suburbs)
Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Posts: 1,455
Originally Posted by Chozn1 View Post
I just sent my wife a link. It's the weekend of our anniversary, so it just might happen
The Grand Tasting is a lot of fun. If you're a Food Network or Top Chef fan you'll see many familiar faces (Bobby Flay, Cat Cora, Kerry Simon, Hubert Keller, etc). The restaurants really go all out. Kobe beef galore. The setting at Caesars is great. Last year Hubert Keller took a stab at being the DJ.
FFMilesJunkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 11, 3:10 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 165
Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie View Post
The Grand Tasting is a lot of fun. If you're a Food Network or Top Chef fan you'll see many familiar faces (Bobby Flay, Cat Cora, Kerry Simon, Hubert Keller, etc). The restaurants really go all out. Kobe beef galore. The setting at Caesars is great. Last year Hubert Keller took a stab at being the DJ.
Very cool, especially since the misses really loves Hubert. Anyone mind telling me what hotel prices are usually that week? I mean, is this CES level or can I wait and see what Wynn offers me?
Chozn1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 11, 8:28 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: IAD/DCA, USA (MD Suburbs)
Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Posts: 1,455
Originally Posted by Chozn1 View Post
Very cool, especially since the misses really loves Hubert. Anyone mind telling me what hotel prices are usually that week? I mean, is this CES level or can I wait and see what Wynn offers me?
I don't think the event makes a dent on the overall Vegas occupancy that weekend. The KY Derby that weekend will also attract a few gamblers, but again not enough to really make a dent. Looking at rates now and they look average for a Spring weekend.
FFMilesJunkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 11, 8:48 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, UK | LHR, formerly AMS
Programs: BA Gold, former Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Diamond, Caesars Diamond, Momentum *SOAR*
Posts: 8,006
Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie View Post
I don't think the event makes a dent on the overall Vegas occupancy that weekend. The KY Derby that weekend will also attract a few gamblers, but again not enough to really make a dent. Looking at rates now and they look average for a Spring weekend.
FWIW, biggest event that weekend (May 7th) will be the Pacquiao-Mosley fight @ MGM.
baccarat_king is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 11, 4:16 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LAS based - Home is worldwide
Programs: OneWorld Emeralds, Star Gold, SkyTeam Silver, Southwest A-List, VIP Car Renter, Hotel Elite
Posts: 7,167
I'm keeping this on my radar.
Mrp Alert is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 11, 8:50 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: IAD/DCA, USA (MD Suburbs)
Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Posts: 1,455
Just a couple weeks away. Is anyone else attending? We have tickets to the Grand Tasting at Caesars and are thinking about the late night Craftsteak event with Tom Colicchio Thursday night (will probably be too late for us after flying in from East Coast that morning). Maybe the KY Derby Lunch at Michael Mina's Stripsteak.
FFMilesJunkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 11, 11:11 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat
Posts: 212
We are going - have tix to the Grand Tasting. We went last year, and had a great time. It is crowded - but manageable. No problem at all getting the samples you most want. Nice selection of drink options too - we took a little break from eating at the tequila bar - fun!!
umustbjokim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 12, 3:00 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: IAD/DCA, USA (MD Suburbs)
Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Posts: 1,455
Tickets went on sale today for the 2012 Vegas Uncorked. May 10-13

We hope to make it to the Grand Tasting again this year. Had a blast the last 2 years.

http://www.vegasuncorked.com/schedule/
FFMilesJunkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 12, 3:40 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Brooklyn
Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Posts: 963
Any Promo codes?

I was signing up for the Grand Tasting and noticed a box for Promo Codes... at $200 a head a cheeky discount % would go down nicely...

Any ideas for this?
brooklynmatt is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread