FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Las Vegas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-vegas-463/)
-   -   Anyone going to Vegas Uncorked? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-vegas/1176582-anyone-going-vegas-uncorked.html)

fly2nrt Jan 25, 2011 1:36 pm

Anyone going to Vegas Uncorked?

http://www.vegasuncorked.com/ ? :)

FFMilesJunkie Jan 26, 2011 10:35 am

We went last year and had a blast. It's crowded, so prepare to be bumped around a bit. The food was outstanding and the people watching was fun. Last year's fad was sliders. Cat Cora had some really nice lamb sliders. Also, plenty of free flowing wine and mixed drinks.

We definitely plan on going back this year.

Edit to add: We did the Grand Tasting at Caesars. Didn't hit any of the other events, although saw a few taking place around Vegas that weekend.

fly2nrt Jan 26, 2011 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie (Post 15739329)
We went last year and had a blast. It's crowded, so prepare to be bumped around a bit. The food was outstanding and the people watching was fun. Last year's fad was sliders. Cat Cora had some really nice lamb sliders. Also, plenty of free flowing wine and mixed drinks.

We definitely plan on going back this year.

Edit to add: We did the Grand Tasting at Caesars. Didn't hit any of the other events, although saw a few taking place around Vegas that weekend.

Sounds like fun.

I bought tickets to the Joel Robuchon lunch and the Guy Savoy dinner. At $295 a pop, I'll be eating ramen noodles until May though. :D

Chozn1 Jan 26, 2011 4:25 pm

I just sent my wife a link. It's the weekend of our anniversary, so it just might happen :D

FFMilesJunkie Jan 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Chozn1 (Post 15741835)
I just sent my wife a link. It's the weekend of our anniversary, so it just might happen :D

The Grand Tasting is a lot of fun. If you're a Food Network or Top Chef fan you'll see many familiar faces (Bobby Flay, Cat Cora, Kerry Simon, Hubert Keller, etc). The restaurants really go all out. Kobe beef galore. The setting at Caesars is great. Last year Hubert Keller took a stab at being the DJ.

Chozn1 Jan 27, 2011 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie (Post 15743140)
The Grand Tasting is a lot of fun. If you're a Food Network or Top Chef fan you'll see many familiar faces (Bobby Flay, Cat Cora, Kerry Simon, Hubert Keller, etc). The restaurants really go all out. Kobe beef galore. The setting at Caesars is great. Last year Hubert Keller took a stab at being the DJ.

Very cool, especially since the misses really loves Hubert. Anyone mind telling me what hotel prices are usually that week? I mean, is this CES level or can I wait and see what Wynn offers me?

FFMilesJunkie Jan 28, 2011 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Chozn1 (Post 15749166)
Very cool, especially since the misses really loves Hubert. Anyone mind telling me what hotel prices are usually that week? I mean, is this CES level or can I wait and see what Wynn offers me?

I don't think the event makes a dent on the overall Vegas occupancy that weekend. The KY Derby that weekend will also attract a few gamblers, but again not enough to really make a dent. Looking at rates now and they look average for a Spring weekend.

baccarat_king Jan 28, 2011 8:48 am

Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie (Post 15753821)
I don't think the event makes a dent on the overall Vegas occupancy that weekend. The KY Derby that weekend will also attract a few gamblers, but again not enough to really make a dent. Looking at rates now and they look average for a Spring weekend.

FWIW, biggest event that weekend (May 7th) will be the Pacquiao-Mosley fight @ MGM.

Mrp Alert Jan 28, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm keeping this on my radar.

FFMilesJunkie Apr 23, 2011 8:50 am

Just a couple weeks away. Is anyone else attending? We have tickets to the Grand Tasting at Caesars and are thinking about the late night Craftsteak event with Tom Colicchio Thursday night (will probably be too late for us after flying in from East Coast that morning). Maybe the KY Derby Lunch at Michael Mina's Stripsteak.

umustbjokim Apr 27, 2011 11:11 am

We are going - have tix to the Grand Tasting. We went last year, and had a great time. It is crowded - but manageable. No problem at all getting the samples you most want. Nice selection of drink options too - we took a little break from eating at the tequila bar - fun!!

FFMilesJunkie Feb 2, 2012 3:00 pm

Tickets went on sale today for the 2012 Vegas Uncorked. May 10-13

We hope to make it to the Grand Tasting again this year. Had a blast the last 2 years.

http://www.vegasuncorked.com/schedule/

brooklynmatt Feb 17, 2012 3:40 pm

Any Promo codes?

I was signing up for the Grand Tasting and noticed a box for Promo Codes... at $200 a head a cheeky discount % would go down nicely...

Any ideas for this?