Search

Vegas Hurting: M Goes Dry, MGM Goes Dark

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Vegas Hurting: M Goes Dry, MGM Goes Dark

In more sketchy Las Vegas economic news,

1) The M Resort has quietly ripped out their free soft drink dispensers (the bankers have called in their loans and it looks like curtains for M owner/builder Anthony Marnell);

2) What's missing from the Vegas skyline? The bright green light that once enveloped the MGM Grand Hotel is no more. You used to be able to see the place from 30,000 feet.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by mbstone
In more sketchy Las Vegas economic news,

1) The M Resort has quietly ripped out their free soft drink dispensers (the bankers have called in their loans and it looks like curtains for M owner/builder Anthony Marnell);
I wonder what sort of savings they're expecting from this move. I didn't think that the syrup and CO2 were very expensive. I could see this amenity being abused in a hotel with lots of traffic passing through (e.g., resort on the strip) and stopping for a free drink, but this shouldn't be an issue at the M.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
More likely they want to make sure you are playing in order to get drinks. Besides, when you're bleeding, every little bit helps.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LV is not exactly famous for most of its business decisions. Also I never liked the place and dont do sodas.

MisterNice
Old Oct 28, 2010, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

M's known for having one of the best buffets in the city - I'm sure they weren't making it up in gaming revenues though. The buffet lines there were often quite long (I've never eaten there because the lines were too long).

M is a beautiful hotel for a local's joint - the problem is that when they designed & planned it, there was expected expansion on that side of town that didn't happen as much - so there aren't enough residents to support it & South Point is probably pulling in more of the local business.

Didn't know about MGM shutting down the lights - may drive by it on my way home from work one of these days to check it out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.