The Consolidated "Watch those Vegas Resort Fees!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated "Watch those Vegas Resort Fees!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Begins May 15th, 2010

Effective next month, Mandalay Bay and THEhotel will be charging a $15.00 per day resort fee. Included are in-room internet access and a coupon for two drinks (one coupon per stay).
Old Apr 22, 2010, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Effective next month, Mandalay Bay and THEhotel will be charging a $15.00 per day resort fee. Included are in-room internet access and a coupon for two drinks (one coupon per stay).
Any idea what happens to existing bookings made before the fee was announced ?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
I always stay at Mandalay and look forward to paying the resort fees. When you look at what I used to pay for the gym it was well above what they are going to charge. Throw in two drinks, newspaper and internet and I don't mind.....
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:43 pm
Original Member

As resort fees go, that doesn't sound too unreasonable. However, I still think Truth in Advertising should require bottom-line prices in all sales outlets.

QL
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Agree - compare this to the Hard Rock, which has recently doubled their resort fee (from $7 to $15) and does not include Internet. I was considering staying in one of the suites in the new HRH tower earlier this week, but the fee made it less price-competitive and I stayed elsewhere.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 1:25 am

JUST got nailed with the Mandalay fee. Was booking 4 nights, and saw they added a $60 freakin dollar resort fee at the end.

What a freakin joke!!!!

I have an iPhone so I don't need internet, or bring my computer. I'm not in LV to read the paper or use the gym, and I don't drink.

It's like checking out at the supermarket, and them adding $10 to bill. To explain, they "give" you 3 items that you don't want to buy and never would. Absurd.

Almost as bad as the "bottle service" racket, but with this I don't have a choice.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by lands
What a freakin joke!!!!

I have an iPhone so I don't need internet, or bring my computer. I'm not in LV to read the paper or use the gym, and I don't drink.
The joke in Vegas is AT&T's 3G network. Totally .
Old Apr 24, 2010, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by kingalien
The joke in Vegas is AT&T's 3G network. Totally .
I'll take the reception I've gotten over the last 10 years, which has been fine btw, over the $60 (or at least give me a choice). Just another racket...
Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
Originally Posted by lands
JUST got nailed with the Mandalay fee. Was booking 4 nights, and saw they added a $60 freakin dollar resort fee at the end.
Since it doesn't go into effect until May, I hope you pointed it out and didn't pay........
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:10 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Comped

Are these charged for comped rooms? At the V?
Old Apr 25, 2010, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thebat
Are these charged for comped rooms? At the V?
No, but you can opt in for the resort fees (I'm guessing if you want to use internet and access Canyon Ranch gym it would be worthwhile) when you check in.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by kingalien
No, but you can opt in for the resort fees (I'm guessing if you want to use internet and access Canyon Ranch gym it would be worthwhile) when you check in.
Well, internet yes, gym no. I'll just find some free internet for a day or two. Or just do without. Maybe do dial up just to check in. I just can't bring myself to pay the fee.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thebat
Well, internet yes, gym no. I'll just find some free internet for a day or two. Or just do without. Maybe do dial up just to check in. I just can't bring myself to pay the fee.
At the V if you just need internet then buying a day pass would be more cost effective. I have mobile broadband but AT&T is so sucktastic there I sometimes buy a day pass...which means I'm not doing well down stairs .
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have never paid for parking, drinks, pool towels, telephone etc in LV and hopefully never will. They will keep charging a "Resort Fee" as long as the newbies and rubes keep paying it.

MisterNice
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by MisterNice
I have never paid for parking, drinks, pool towels, telephone etc in LV and hopefully never will. They will keep charging a "Resort Fee" as long as the newbies and rubes keep paying it.

MisterNice
Well, ya gotta tip. Especially for drinks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.