Wiki Posts
Search

TAM

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
TAM

Would it make sense to combine TAM, which currently seems to lurk within the MISC SA airlines, into this forum?

I for one would be keen on seeing what opportunities exist on TAM in a single place.

Thoughts?

i
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by IanWorthington
Would it make sense to combine TAM, which currently seems to lurk within the MISC SA airlines, into this forum?

I for one would be keen on seeing what opportunities exist on TAM in a single place.

Thoughts?

i
^ I was thinking the same thing. Would be more convenient to have all LATAM Airlines Group posts in one place.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:59 pm

Seems like a good idea to me.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:36 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
I don't think it is a stellar idea. The airline forums are divided based on their frequent flyer programmes and so long as TAM uses Fidelidade and not LANPASS then the there is no place place for TAM in the LANPASS forum.

There is actually precedent on FT. Miles and Mores, all airlines using the same currency and programme, all share a forum. US Dividend Miles presumably going to be merged into AAdvantage so consolidated forum. AA and IB use the same currency but have different programmes so different forums.

There is no suggestion that LAN and TAM will merge programmes, not that I have heard of anyway.

There is also no case for a standalone TAM forum. 1960 mentions in the last 15 years. I'd back one anyway because I think all airlines in one of the three alliances should have its own forum, regardless of how much tumbleweed blows through it.

If the question is how much do you earn/burn on TAM, which lounge at GRU can a LANPASS Comodoro use, then this is already the right forum to ask those questions.

Of course when TAM becomes LAN Brasil and adopts LANPASS as its FFP then sure, this will be the TAM forum too

Last edited by JohnnyColombia; Mar 1, 2015 at 11:42 pm
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
I would argue that the small number of TAM references improves the case for adding TAM in here: it disadvantages almost no one and benefits LAN FFs.

BUT, if there are only three people who think its a good idea then I think there's not enough weight to carry the idea forward.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:04 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
If a TAM forum benefits LANPASS users then that is a the case for having a separate TAM forum but I don't think there is a case for a merge of two different FF programmes in one forum. Not my forum not my rules, I just do not think it would happen.

I do think though that TAM should have a separate forum, if an airline can make its way in to an alliance then it should be able to persuade FT admin to click a button and create a forum.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:31 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
I agree with the idea of adding a separate TAM forum. Maybe the Mods can do it like it's been done with AA/US and KL/AF with a couple of separate sub forums. Given the way LAN usually thinks it's likely only a matter of time before the FFPs get merged anyway.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro
At a LANPASS client event earlier this year in Santiago, it was mentioned that not only would the FFPs be merged, but both airlines will share the same name before the year is out..

Probably a somewhat optimistic goal, but rebranding the alliance is definitely something LAN is pursuing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.