Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Chile/Argentina internal flights help

Old Dec 29, 2014, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade

We've booked our AAdv awards to get us to SCL for an Argentina/Chile trip in October 2015. COUld not find any EZE availability through AAdv. That's ok.

But now we're trying to find award availability for the following - and NOTHING shows up (AA/BA/QF award searches). LANpass site does show some availability - is this only for LANPASS members? Or do the above award searches not pickup LAN/TAM awards properly (and it's worth a call?)?

SCL-EZE
EZE-IGR-EZE
EZE-FTE
FTE-MDZ

I've also looked for paid flights - the prices seem very high (and hence a 6k or 10k award would be excellent value). Is there a trick to buying these segments without having to pay approx $500 for a one way within Argentina? Should I be using an Argentinian TA?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by alect
We've booked our AAdv awards to get us to SCL for an Argentina/Chile trip in October 2015. COUld not find any EZE availability through AAdv. That's ok.

But now we're trying to find award availability for the following - and NOTHING shows up (AA/BA/QF award searches). LANpass site does show some availability - is this only for LANPASS members? Or do the above award searches not pickup LAN/TAM awards properly (and it's worth a call?)?

SCL-EZE
EZE-IGR-EZE
EZE-FTE
FTE-MDZ

I've also looked for paid flights - the prices seem very high (and hence a 6k or 10k award would be excellent value). Is there a trick to buying these segments without having to pay approx $500 for a one way within Argentina? Should I be using an Argentinian TA?

Hi,

I found that on the BA website, you had a period of 2 days during which SCL-EZE awards or vv appeared for a particular date ( round 330 days ahead) and then it disappeared without fail.

Re Iquazo Falls , flights to there out of Buenos Aires leave (and return) from AEP not EZE. I have found plenty of choice with reward flights recently for a week or so either side of 8 October 2015. Usually 3 or 4 choices per day.

Good luck.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
For SCL-EZE, 331/331 days in advance, LAN loves to remove their seats for OW partners on some routes, besides, SCL-EZE will only show you no more than 2 or 2 flights (when is actually more than 3 per day). For AEP-IGR/FTE/MDZ, you have to check on LAN, sometimes they don't release 331 days in advance, specially FTE, but you should not have any problem with MDZ and IGR (most of the time).
Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by fedechat
For SCL-EZE, 331/331 days in advance, LAN loves to remove their seats for OW partners on some routes, besides, SCL-EZE will only show you no more than 2 or 2 flights (when is actually more than 3 per day). For AEP-IGR/FTE/MDZ, you have to check on LAN, sometimes they don't release 331 days in advance, specially FTE, but you should not have any problem with MDZ and IGR (most of the time).
Thanks - so if it shows up on LAN it should be available for AAdv members? Means I need to call bc AA site shows nothing.....
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:09 am

I'm having a similar issue looking at CJC-SCL. Multiple flights a day, so I'm surprised there's nothing available to oneworld partners.

To confirm, one-way domestic LAN awards aren't possible either?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:48 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by alect
Thanks - so if it shows up on LAN it should be available for AAdv members? Means I need to call bc AA site shows nothing.....
Only if LAN.com shows seats in the cheapest award category.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
IIRC, for almost all AAdvantage awards on LAN you have to call AA. I've been able to book almost any internal and intra-SA LAN flights with AA miles over the phone, but sometimes they only price out at the highest redemption level.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by zpaul
IIRC, for almost all AAdvantage awards on LAN you have to call AA. I've been able to book almost any internal and intra-SA LAN flights with AA miles over the phone, but sometimes they only price out at the highest redemption level.
Highest redemption level? AA can only book the lowest redemption level, there is no anytime level for OW partners. If is available on LA (baby blue=cheap award level), it should be available for AA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.