Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

J Class lounge at Kuala Lumpur (KUL)?

Old Dec 7, 07, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, WN A-List w/CP, UA Silver, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle

The Korean Air website says they contract to Malaysia Airlines and use their lounge -- can anyone confirm that a J ticket on KE does in fact grant access to the MH Golden Lounges at KLIA?
Old Dec 8, 07, 12:09 am

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by EmoryFlyer View Post
The Korean Air website says they contract to Malaysia Airlines and use their lounge -- can anyone confirm that a J ticket on KE does in fact grant access to the MH Golden Lounges at KLIA?
I'd assume that if it says it.. it would allow it.. I'm having in a couple weeks a KE flight from ICN to TPE... and then on the return when i go back to the US.. I fly on KE back to ICN to catch a flight to the us.. I'll be flying in J both from ICN to TPE and then from TPE to ICN to LAX... and on their website its telling me that in TPE they contract out to CI=China Airlines Dynasty Lounge. Believe what it says. You will have access to to MH Golden Lounge mate!!! Where is your final Dest.? ^
Old Dec 9, 07, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, WN A-List w/CP, UA Silver, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
We're flying from Shanghai to Langkawi via KL and then onto Seoul via KL...the Golden Lounges are fantastic so this is good news!
Old Dec 9, 07, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by EmoryFlyer View Post
We're flying from Shanghai to Langkawi via KL and then onto Seoul via KL...the Golden Lounges are fantastic so this is good news!
Anybody know how the China Airlines Dynasty Lounge is? According to their website.. the main Business Class lounge in Taipei was recently remodelled or something.....
Old Dec 9, 07, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles DM/2MM, AA EXP, IC RA, Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
CI Dynasty Lounges in TPE vary widely between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. The lounges in Terminal 1 are inconveniently located, cramped, and kinda dingey; apart from that, it has basically the same stuff as those in T2. The lounges in Terminal 2 has more or less the same products but they are MUCH nicer-- modern styling, nice layout by putting all the F&B stuff in one area (you can order one or more of a few different noodle dishes) with normal food-court-like tables. Then the other areas are for lounging. There are computers with free internet too. The only drawback is that the lounges are downstairs, so no view of the airfield.
Old Dec 14, 07, 11:22 am

I couldnt find your reports about KE or CI Lounges...

Originally Posted by MegatopLover View Post
CI Dynasty Lounges in TPE vary widely between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. The lounges in Terminal 1 are inconveniently located, cramped, and kinda dingey; apart from that, it has basically the same stuff as those in T2. The lounges in Terminal 2 has more or less the same products but they are MUCH nicer-- modern styling, nice layout by putting all the F&B stuff in one area (you can order one or more of a few different noodle dishes) with normal food-court-like tables. Then the other areas are for lounging. There are computers with free internet too. The only drawback is that the lounges are downstairs, so no view of the airfield.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: